Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Starting issues

531 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  HillClimber350 
#1 ·
Ocasionally my 2001 f-250 just wont start. when it happens the glow plug light comes on the goes right back off. if i cycle the key a couple times till the glow plugs kick on like normal it doesnt have an issue. I dont think it has anything to do with the plugs themselves its just an indication that it isnt going to start as if the computer doesnt like something, and it doesnt throw any codes either. I am not sure going to see what you all thought.

#2 ·
check all your electrical connections. where do you live? shouldnt need glows in warm waether. check your oil level, when it gets low the hpop wont fill properly and you will have trouble starting. the wts light run by engine oil temp iirc, its possible you have a bad relay, but again, that shouldnt matter in summer temps.

#3 ·
I have already checked all those things and even put in a new relay just to be sure. It acts as if it doesn't kick power on to everything cause the lights don't dim any like when the glow plugs kick on when it happens and I cant hear the fuel pump kick on either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.