Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Exhaust upgrades

861 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  BIGBILL105 45 
#1 ·
Thinking about trashing the duals in favor of a big single that exits out in front of the pass rear tire. I'll put a turn down so I don't get the bed side blacken'. :toofless: Anybody have any thoughts?

#2 ·
i had duals, and i had a single stickin out in fron of the rear tire, now i run a single stack. on the exit in fron of the tire, if you take the last piece that exits the driver side and put it on right before the where the muffler mounts it sticks out in front of the rear tire pretty nice. that's how i ran mine for a while before i went stack

#4 ·
no any worse than how black my rear bumper and tailgate stayed when i had full exit exhaust. yeah jblm is in wa, really don't know too much about the fishin i go to wa and deployed a few weeks later but the area is nice

#5 ·
With the exhaust exiting in front of the rear tire, has anyone ever experienced tire failure due to the amount of heat? I was thinking about doing the same, but leary of adding additional heat to the tire. Sorry not to hijack, just playing devils advocate while collecting my own info.

#9 ·
I'm sure you can put your hand on the exhaust pipe while its running, i mean idling. The exhaust gas temperatures coming out of the pipe under a load have got to be pretty high. The last time I checked, most people installed stacks to the rear of the cab; EGT's were not directly blasting a tinted window. Dude,your window must be fine. :thumb:

#7 ·
been runnin mine out the side infront of the rear tire for a few weeks now, no problems with the tire gettin hot and i havent had a problem with any soot gettin on the truck, jus make sure you get it at a good angle where it pushes it away from the truck. youll love it, its sounds amazing when you get on it. ill see if i can find a link to my thread about it.

#10 ·
I'd keep the duals if I were you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.