Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Gauge Survey-Which ones are worth the money?

5K views 55 replies 20 participants last post by  Jake 
#1 ·
Looking to get gauge pillar,but what are your guy's opinions on what is reliable,but not overkill for same performance.:dunno:
I'm just trying to figure out the best bang for the buck!
Looking forward to all the experience out here!:thumb:
Thanks for any input:nod:

#2 ·
I have Isspro and don't regret it one bit. They look great, match the factory gauges well, and are very accurate. When i bought the kit it was $330 for everything needed to install. I think its about $350 now. I got mine from diesel manor.

#5 ·
Not at the moment, however i'm goin outside for a smoke so i will get a few for ya.:thumb:

#8 ·
Those gauges look good!:thumb:EV2's-right?Does Raul sell these?
OMG! I was looking on ebay,and all I could find were these glow shift gauges-the boost gauge went up to 60 psi-WTF?!?
These gauges can't be worth a ****-can they?
Multi color function doesn't mean anything for reliability:hehe::hehe:
Any input on these?Just mostly curious:hehe:

#26 ·
I have never had a problem with my gloshift gauges and they look awesome at night.

#10 ·
They are EV or EV2 i can't remember, its been 2 years since i put them in.

As for the glowshift, or as i like to call them, glowsh!t, well, i think my nickname for them pretty well sums it up. A couple of my friends put them in and they have problems. They aren't accurate either. A buddy of mine's still showed 400 degree EGT after over 10 minutes of idling.

#13 ·
Thanks! That was my thoughts when I started looking at them:hehe:
But check this out-I'm in Maryland and called a local place for the pillar and Isspro gauges-only 3 gauge pillar-these rapists want $600 just for the assembly,$850 for gauges and install:tard::tard::tard:
How do these places stay in business-must be alot of idiots in my area:hehe::hehe:
Install can't be that hard if you can read and know the business end of a wrench:hehe::hehe:
So the Isspros are the best way to go?:dunno:
Where's the best place to get from?
Thanks! :thumb:

#11 ·

I love mine. I'm planning on adding the hpo gauge soon

#14 ·
Like i said i got them from diesel manor. The kit comes with absolutely everything (except tools haha), every wire, connector, and very detailed instructions. I had mine in in about 3 hours and that was with a lot of screwin off. My work pace isn't exactly the fastest when there is no real deadline.

#16 ·
I ordered mine from Raul. He didn't have them instock, but they were drop shipped from Isspro, got them quick. And he got me everything I needed (except paint, couldn't ship that to AK) Pod, gauges, senders, adapters, ect

Stealth Automotive :thumb:

#17 ·
I really like the optix pricol they match the factory gauges great color and all and very accurate.

#21 ·
The gauge pods come black. If you want it to match (I needed gray) you'll need to paint with duplicolor vinyl paint or something similar.

It's not hard, just lightly sand, clean and spray several light coats. Turns out great (as long as you don't drop the pod in the snow right after spraying the first coat :doh:, I had to wait over night, REsand and REpaint)

You may be able to buy painted pods somwwhere, I don't know though.

#22 ·
I have the optix and i love em. Best money ive ever spent.... Im planning a about 3 more of em as well.

#27 ·
i've been looking at the 3 set on puredieselpower.com autometers... but thats about the same price(tiny bit more), BUT it comes with the pod painted, with dieselmanor it doesnt come painted. eh i gotta start saving my pennies ha ha.

#28 ·
i have the dipricol optix and they are nice, thinkin about switchin to isspro performax because the optix are becomin harder to find qnd they won't last forever. i think i need a new pyro right now because my gauge moves slow. and since i got rid of my dp i need to either get a 3 gauge pod or get a hpop gauge

#30 ·
i went with dipricol, they are the best in my opinion. i think the isspros look kinda cheesy.

#32 ·
Cheesy? I don't see that. Did you look at the pics i posted? Whats cheesy about those?:dunno:

#31 ·
Check out www.kensperformancesolutions.com . Go down to "contact us" and send him an email and ask for the "kevins special". The deal is for the EV2s pyro, trans temp, and boost with an A-pillar gauge pod and its for a complete install kit for less than 300.. I'm about to order me a set.

#35 ·
Ken does have the best deal on the Isspros. That is where I picked up my kit shipped for less than $300, however, they are not the EV2's. They are the EV1's. The EV2's (all electric) will run you a little more. Would need to talk to Ken for the total price. But I HIGHLY recommend Ken for the best price and great customer service.:thumb:

#33 ·
Auto meter is about the nicest out there

i have glow shift, they were cheap, and work perfectly! They are 100% correct, ive been giving them hell for 6 months or greater now, not a problem yet

and you can even change their colors, make people trip out ha

#34 ·
Autometer all the way! has some isspro's and the stupid guages would stop working randomly then die!
my Autometer NV's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.