Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

TORQUE CONVERTER LOCKUP SWITCH/EBP VALVE EXAUST BRAKE

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wingnut 
#1 ·
looking for a wire diagram that will show me how to put a toggle switch for the torqeu converter. i am trying to wire a makeshift exaust brake useing the ebp valve. thanks for your help

anyone who has already done this, feedback on how you like it would be wonderful. thanks

#3 ·
good thread here...

EBPV exhaust brake - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

...which references to the directions on Swamps website, which are the same directions on Diesel Stop, which are the same directions on Guzzles site, etc etc etc. all-in-all it took me an hour or two and cost was just over 20 bucks, but thats because im slow and also bought a few extra parts cause i break stuff...and theres no Radio Shack near me :D

lemme see if i can load a finished pic...

#4 · (Edited)
well, cant get the dam pic to load but its essentially just the switch in the dash anyways ;)

as for the review...my only complaint is that its not as effective as i would prefer it be, and heres why...

...when you are coming downgrade you have your foot completely off the gas correct? well, in these automatics that drops your RPM's to just over 1,000, and as you can read in the link, this mods effectivity is best over 2,000RPMS. does it still work below that? sure, just this weekend we came down from 7,300 feet and i noticed it would still drag our speed down to the 1500RPM range but was essentially useless below that.

NOW THEN, if there were a way to force the autos to downshift, this would be a top ten mod...otherwise, if you have a manual in your truck, and EVER plan on hooking anything to your hitch, this would be one of the first mods i would suggest doing :thumb:

EDIT...now that i think about it more, my review has been based on curvy mountain 2 lane hiways, 30-50 MPH limits. if were talkin about 4 lane restricted access freeway speeds, just simply shutting off the Overdrive coming down will probably be FANTASTIC, but i wont be able to comment on that until we do our yearly cross-country pull in September :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.