Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

performance chip & exhaust system

800 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tunerGONEbomber 
#1 ·
I want to add a performance chip and exhaust system to my stock '99 F250 SD 7.3 Any recommendatons?

#2 ·
Get a custom tuned chip, from DP tuner, Tony wildman, swamps, PHP, ect. Others will chim in about the tunes. For the exhaust just take the muffler and cat off and replace them with a straight pipe.

#3 ·
I really like my php tunes, If its a early 99 i heard its best to install a late 99 ecm not sure what this mod does but others will chime in. I love my pro flow 4'' turbo back its sounds great not really that loud but sounds awesome

#6 ·
most of our trucks didn't have cats unless its a ca truck. Most rep tuners have a program that will pass emmision test

#5 ·
As others have said get yourself a custom chip and straight pipe the stock exhaust. You will have plenty of power for a dd and bump up your mileage a bit too! Do you guys do emissions testing in TX? Here in KS we don't have any, my 02 didn't even have a cat on it so I only had to get sawzall happy with was the muffler :thumb:

#7 ·
i straight piped mine and it was just too noisy and didnt like the note it puts off. i ordered a 4" MBRP turbo back yesterday and a TS 6 pos chip for my 7.3 ex. After months of lookin around i feel pretty good about that decision. should be here tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.