need help with some truck problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 05:46 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
need help with some truck problems

Ok, i am going to to attempt to fix some electrical problems in my brothers late 99 f250

Here are some of the problems
-brights hardly ever work
-turn signals work but when wheel goes back to center the turn signal will stay on
-overdrive off switch/light button needs to be switched
-overhead display for temp, mpg etc. needs fixed
-a/c will cut in and out, just recharged and cold for awhile and then cuts out.
-wipers stay on sometimes and have to mess with the switch to turn off

and the grand finale, he told me today he was driving down the interstate and switched to his economy tune and then like all the lights on his dash flickered for a minute. Like wait to start, CEL etc, like when you turn the key on and all lights in dash come on.

I know there has been threads on most of these things. If you could help in anyway that would be great. if you have a link that can fix one of the problems, just post it in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My A/C does the same.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Banned

Im going to venture to say that your turnsignal switch is bad....just my .02 but I had the same problem and it was the switch.....the ac problem may be as simple as the ac compressor clutch is bad( my problem as well )
Old 08-07-2010, 10:43 PM

Do a search for the a/c clutch. Basically check your clearance of the compressor clutch and remove shim or re-shim if necessary. Fixes most of the A/C cutting in and out because the clutch slips under higher pressures. Over head display fix was re-listed a couple of days ago if you look for it. There's a component inside that breaks and needs to be soldered if I remember correctly. Electrical is always a fun issue to diagnose and fix. Best thing is to make sure all plugs are tight, clean all contacts and switches where possible and use volt meter to check for power. Pull the programmer or chip and see if it's something going on with it or it's the truck. Good luck and keep us informed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.