01 2500 cummins or 01 f350 psd??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 05:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 2500 cummins or 01 f350 psd???

Hey guys i know i'm probably gonna get some biased answers over here thats why i also posted this on a dodge forum.

I'm driving 4 hours tomorrow and i'm not sure if i'll have time to see both of these trucks. Both sound like they were maintained very well and not worked. Both owners are older men and retired so i'm thinking these trucks were babied.

Anyways which one would u want???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2007, 05:56 PM

AD INFORMATION
Year 2001 Price $19,500
Make FORD Mileage 169,000 km
Model F-350 Date 5/28/2007
Model Detail LARIAT Ad Code CYWVJM
Ad Type Private

Note: Information and availability subject to change. Please contact the seller for complete information. Mileage recorded at time of listing.

DESCRIPTION
Dual rear wheels,automatic, 4x4, diesel, white with tan leather. The truck is in very good condition.2nd owner. Used for slide in camper. 169,000 km. $19,500
Old 05-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
The ford. They have more interior room and that is one of my selling points!
Old 05-28-2007, 06:04 PM

that is a nice point but i'm more concerned with running costs.

the dodge is a 01 with 165,000 fully loaded not a dually obviously, edge juice, 4" exhaust, intake, performance convertor. new brakes tires, lift pump, injections pump, thows no codes etc

i know they';re 2 very different trucks but what do u guys think. .
Old 05-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
I would go for the powerstroke.. not just because I own one either

I had a gas F150 befor I bought my diesel in April this year.. I do however have alot of years driving ford diesels... since 1994 I have had these wereckers
1985 F350 6.9L non turbo
1989 F450 7.3L non turbo
1997 F450 7.3L turbo
1999 F550 7.3L turbo
2003 F550 6.0L turbo

all these trucks have performed very well with no big issues (except the 6.0L in the 2003 but it was all covered by fords)

I however know a few people who bought Dodges for towing horse trailers car haulers campers etc... I will say the Cummins is a great motor, its the rest of the truck that has issues.. they have alot of front end part and tranny issues with the autos (way worse then fords)

Over all I love the interior comfort and body style of the superduty over the dodge too!! So I'd buy the Ford myself for these reasons

If I had the $$$ Id buy a superduty and swap in a cummins you would have the best looking and comfortable truck with the reliability of the cummins( not that the 7.3 isnt reliable)
Old 05-28-2007, 06:16 PM

One other question for u guys, the truck will be used for our contruction company and the ford has the long box. Anybody know is a 4x8' sheet will fit in the back with the door closed??
Old 05-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Premium Member

I own a cummins and a powerstroke. They are both great trucks. The tranny on the dodge is much weaker but the cummins is great. It is good that the cummins has a new injection pump it costs about 1000 dollors to replace. The daily operating costs are about the same for me anyway. The dodge interior is not as roomy or comfortable has the ford. Good luck i like the Ford better but i think either way you will be happy.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:24 PM
The Fat Mod

Yeah, you should beable to fit a full sheet in the Ford with no issues. I would also say go with the ford. If you are just looking for a truck to beef up and get more power out of, get the dodge. The cummins is an awsome motor. But if you are wanting to do more than just fly up and down the road and hook to a sled and get big numbers on a dyno, get the Superduty. Much more room, you will have the duals for heavier loads, and I think it is a better built truck overall. There is a reason Ford outsells the other 2 companies 2 to 1 with the other 2 combine.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Banned

If these were 2 newer trucks like 04's I would vote for the dodge. The cummins is a great engine in and the tranny is much stronger in these years, BUT since we are talking 2001's The tranny's in the dodge is horrible, and I think the 7.3 is the best engine ever made. Not saying the cummins 12 and 24 valves arn't good, but lift and injector pumps have always been a problem.

I'm sure you will get the buy the dodge on TDR, but they are closed minded and remind me of Honda rice burner drivers

You will be happy with either truck, the 2 of them are in the best years these trucks have ever been manufactured. Dollor for dollor with maintance and smaller problems the dodge WILL incure the cost will be more to run the dodge to 600K miles than the ford
Old 05-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Skype™ to Dkahnjob
I have 139,000 miles on my F-350 4x4 and it looks drives and feels like it is still a new truck. A friend of mine had a 1 ton Dodge and at 150,000 miles he had to replace the bed, it was falling apart, now the cab is starting to fall apart, spot welds around the door hinges are failing. His Cummings engine is still running strong, but the truck is falling apart with 200,000 on it. I think long term you just can't beet the Ford, but what did you expect to hear on a Ford forum.
David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.