Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Homemade CCV Mod??? Other cheap MODS???

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Highbeam 
#1 ·
I was thinking, instead of dropping $300 some odd bucks on some tubing and a filter, can't I just attach some tubing of my own and route it straight down the block, just like a big rig? Will my intake system miss the presence of this oil mist? I am tired of my air to air boots seeping and making a mess.

Also, does anybody have this high pressure oil rail 'crossover line?' Claims to smooth out the idle and etc... If so how does this mount exactly? Also whats this deal that boots voltage to the injector solenoids? Good idea or not?

My truck: 2000 F250 7.3 4x4
Isspro gauges, TS 6 pos chip, 6637 mod, straight pipe.
Soon-Wicked wheel, 4in TB exhaust

I'm just looking for semi cheap ways to improve my truck mechanically, keeping MPG in mind as well as this is my DD.

Thanks a lot guys, you are all very helpful. :)
-Mike

#3 ·
Go to ITP (now sinister diesel) and buy their much cheaper CCV kit. It routes the vapors to atmosphere as was intended by international.

#5 ·
I like the two styles of CCV mods!!! I also noticed the SS crossover line that sinister offers... Anybody have this? Looks like a heck of a deal. My truck seems to idle rough, especially with the TS chip, its almost as if it cant find the sweet spot... Will this cure it? Thanks a lot guys!

P.S. Anybody know about that injector solenoid deal?

#6 ·
go to raul and get one of NC Hornets' kits. Hes a member on here. I have his and its great. no issues with oil whatsoever. and its cleaned, and re routed back to the intake so you dont have the smell of it outside the truck.

#10 ·
re routed back to the intake so you dont have the smell of it outside the truck.
Says the guy with stacks puking a huge cloud of smoke into the cab!

#7 ·
i have a crossover line and all it does is come loose and leak oil... i have to tighten it once a month.

#8 ·
never had my crossover line come loose. I did notice it was quieter, but I dont know about smoother.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.