Will a leveling kit work? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will a leveling kit work?

Will a 2.5" leveling kit work for my truck if I have I think 4 inch blocks on the rear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2007, 09:46 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by CattleHauler View Post
Will a 2.5" leveling kit work for my truck if I have I think 4 inch blocks on the rear?
Is your truck sitting at stock hieght right now. If so then you do not have 4 inch blocks you have 2 inch blocks. Yes a 2.5" leveling kit will make your truck sit level. It adds the 1/2" to compensate for the wieght of the engine.

But if you have 4 inch blocks in the rear then you need to get the rest of the 4 inch lift kit for the front.

What year truck, what model truck is this.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:57 AM

yeah, what year and is it a 250 or 350? the blocks are a little bigger on the 350 I think. If its a 03 I have a procomp lift kit thats just sitting around the house from my last truck. Also it did come off of a gasser so Im not sure if anything would be different since the diesel is a-lot heavier then the gas. I'll try to post a pic of the old one.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to jngreen
It depends on the leveling kit used and the size of your rear blocks.

A 3"-3.5" leveling kit will sit level with the factory 4in blocks(really measure closer to 3 3/4")

An add-a leaf kit or a 2"-2.5" leveling kit would look good with the shorter blocks from Ford.

I have the Fabtech 3.5in hangers in the front with 5 in straight cut blocks in the rear. Basically it is a 4 inch kit without changing the load capacity or ride quality of the Stock suspension. I think it looks good too. Overall, it sits a little higher in the backend but it is less than an inch so Im not worried about it. If I had the factory snowplow springs in the front, my truck would probably sit perfectly level.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:21 PM

the trucks an '01 350

bigcountrysg...I bought the truck like this...but far as I know, it's stock height in the rear but I'm 100% sure they are not 2 inch blocks...haven't measured them but they sure look like 4" to me
Old 05-28-2007, 07:31 PM

Then to answer your original question, yes a 2.5 in leveling kit would work on your truck. You could go to a 3.5in and it would sit more level, possibly a little higher in the nose end.

Now, what leveling kit are you looking at? If it just adds to the number of leaf springs it will make the ride quality a little harsher.

Firestone makes a kit to mount a set of airbags under the front of your truck. You just fill the bags with air and it lifts the front of your truck to your desired height. This kit can be bought for around 250 bucks, but like the add-a-leaf kits, it will make your truck ride a little rougher.

Or you can go with a hanger lift kit. This does not affect the ride quality and they usually come with new shocks.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:32 PM

jngreen...the product I was looking at is in this link >>>Off Road Store: 1999-2004 Ford F250/F350 Super Duty 4WD 2.5" Suspension Lift/Leveling Kit with shocks - Rough Country, Rough Country Lift Kits and Suspension Systems, 499S

will that kit affect my ride quality?

Thanks for the help
Old 05-29-2007, 02:29 PM

yes that should make it ride stiffer in the front end
Old 05-29-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj41foley View Post
yes that should make it ride stiffer in the front end
I dont know how much stiffer it can possibly get in the front end...the front leaf springs are just flat on my truck...lol...I think anything would be better than what it is now
Old 05-29-2007, 08:55 PM

well there are more springs in those packs than there are in the factory springs. I would think that it would ride stiffer than stock but then again, they are brand new springs with new shocks. Overall, it looks like a good kit and the price isn't bad.

You might check with some of the sponsors (vendors) of this site, they might be able to get you a better price especially if you are a premium member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.