You know what makes a guy feel good? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You know what makes a guy feel good?

Since last Sunday I have been on the road non-stop for work, going from Rig to Rig doing my thing. Every single location I have been on, someone has commented on my truck, and how good it looks. I don't think its really anything special, but I just thought I'd brag a little bit. I was actually asked if I'd sell it today, because everyone wants a 6 spd. I told the guy I hadn't even owned it a month, so it it wasn't for sale.

I love this truck more and more everyday. I'm gonna see if the local Napa has a Walker BTM in stock Thursday when I get home for it, and hopefully my leveling kit should have arrived today (forgot to ask the girlfriend). I need to go get my front windows tinted sometime this week, and finally get around to putting my parking brake shoes on the truck. I've been putting that off far too long.

I need to find a Recon XZT LED Gauge yet, and get some goodies from DP ordered too.

I think after all those "upgrades" are completed, I am going to put a double DIN Pioneer DVD player in it, with Sirius (North Dakota radio sucks, and there is only so much music an iPod can hold) and a Bluetooth setup, as a city ordinance was passed yesterday banning cell phones in Billings. Our country is going to hell in a hand basket, but I'll save that for a different thread. As much time as I just sit on location waiting for the rig to be ready for me, watching movies would be a good way to kill some time...

Anyways, my random middle of the night because I slept all evening since I was up at 2 am rant is over. Have a good one, everybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2010, 02:26 AM

Ha.

All I can say is make sure you take care of any and all maintenance items before you start doing the unnecessary crap.

I seem to have learned the hard way

Make sure you check the transmission, the ball joints, check for any rust, the brakes, etc...

These are all things I've had to address since I bought mine in May. And I should have taken care of this stuff first before I spent money to lift it, and put in a PHP chip, and steering stabilizers... the list goes on.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

make sure you change oil and fuel filter every 6000 km or what ever that is in miles and your truck will last forever if its a 7.3 liter
and if its a 6.0 sell it to the first sucker that wants to buy it
Old 08-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragglerock2000 View Post
make sure you change oil and fuel filter every 6000 km or what ever that is in miles and your truck will last forever if its a 7.3 liter
and if its a 6.0 sell it to the first sucker that wants to buy it
What problems have YOU, seen that make the 6.0 so 'unreliable'
Old 08-03-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
What problems have YOU, seen that make the 6.0 so 'unreliable'
Have you ever taken en EGR valve out and looked in your intake...that is enough to steer me clear. Try it, take out your Intake Air Temp sensor and see if it has a "fro"
Old 08-03-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolsmojave3 View Post
Have you ever taken en EGR valve out and looked in your intake...that is enough to steer me clear. Try it, take out your Intake Air Temp sensor and see if it has a "fro"
Yep, I've got a friends 04 with 165k on it sitting in front of my house. The EGR valve popped right out, and doesn't look too bad, dirty, but not overly dirty. The EGR cooler is blown, but that's another story

My point is that people ONLY hear/tell the horror stories of a vehicle's life, not the numerous good ones. People like to spout out 'what they heard' with no other background to back it up, that's all. I love my 6.0, and would never trade it for a 7.3

The OP has a 7.3, so this is a moot conversation.

Last edited by 2006PSDSD; 08-03-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:40 AM

Lets steer this as far away from topic as possible....I also like when people comment on my truck, makes me feel good to know Ive got something they would pay more for now, then what I did originally.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:45 AM

I love to hear atta boy's for what I've done to the truck too, especially from strangers
Old 08-03-2010, 10:36 PM

I am anal about changing the oil on time (or ahead, when I am home and have the time), and probably do the rest of the gear boxes way too early all the time, but I used to run a Mobil shop and don't want my vehicle's fluids looking like some of the stuff I serviced on a day to day basis.

When I bought the truck (exactly a month ago today!), I went over everything with a fine toothed comb. I plan on replacing all the stuff that is prone to failure within the next month, before winter, so I won't have to do it while freezing my *** off in the middle of nowhere. It's funny, because when I say I am going to work on my cars people look at me like I'm crazy and have literally told me "Pay someone to do it, you have the money"... that may be true, but I take pride in 1; knowing I can do it. 2; knowing it is done properly. 3; as frustrated as I get with things sometimes, working on a vehicle is kind of my zen, it calms me down (unless its emergency, mandatory, in a bind work).

And I did talk to my girlfriend today about my leveling kit "Oh, I thought it was another empty box from more car parts sitting on the back patio you were being too lazy to throw away"... 5 minutes later she calls me back... "Just so you know, I about killed myself carrying that in!". My reply was "Oh yeah, it's all made of STEEL, what'd you think I was going to level the truck with? Cork?". She's a good sport and started laughing... probably because shortly before I told her I was going to buy new furniture for the house I never get to be at.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:58 PM

Walker BTM

If you want the Walker BTM, order it from Rockauto.com. They have the best price I've found which was like $46 plus shipping (mine was a total of $55 shipped). From my experience with Napa, they usually want a premium price for everything they sell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.