Reality Check on What I'm Wantin to Buy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheyCallMeTex
Reality Check on What I'm Wantin to Buy

Howdy yall, this is my first post here at PS, so show me some love! Haha, just kiddin.

Well, I'm in the market for a new-ish truck, and I think I found one that really spoke to me, but I have a bad habbit of impulse buying.

Now I'm a diesel-holic college student who's current DD is about to give up the ghost, so I checked out my bank's loan calculator thingamajigger. Found out that if I put $3k down (what I'm hoping to get for my ol toyoter 4runner) and if the max payments I want to make is $300/month for 36 months @ 6.5% I can afford a $13k truck.

Anyhoo, took those figures to my local big truck dealership, and asked what they had for me in my range.

Well, they showed me a couple pos duracraps, a few overpriced cummins, and one or two dandy lookin strokers till I saw the one I fell in love with.

She's a beaut I tell you what. It's a Burgandy '01 F350 with 88k miles, one owner, 2wd, 6spd, Long Bed, Single Cab, Dually, with the 7.3. It has leather bench seats, vinel floors, non power windows or door locks, and a am/fm/casset radio. Well kept, minor flaws on the body (few scratches, few small dings), needs new front shocks, e-brake doesn't hold, but besides that it seems good. It drives nice and straight.

Now, I can get that truck out the door, TTL and everything, for $12,700. What do yall think? I just hate that I'm such an impulse buyer, that when I fall in love I really dont give a bleepity bleep ya know? Any advice for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2007, 03:05 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTex View Post
Howdy yall, this is my first post here at PS, so show me some love! Haha, just kiddin.

Well, I'm in the market for a new-ish truck, and I think I found one that really spoke to me, but I have a bad habbit of impulse buying.

Now I'm a diesel-holic college student who's current DD is about to give up the ghost, so I checked out my bank's loan calculator thingamajigger. Found out that if I put $3k down (what I'm hoping to get for my ol toyoter 4runner) and if the max payments I want to make is $300/month for 36 months @ 6.5% I can afford a $13k truck.

Anyhoo, took those figures to my local big truck dealership, and asked what they had for me in my range.

Well, they showed me a couple pos duracraps, a few overpriced cummins, and one or two dandy lookin strokers till I saw the one I fell in love with.

She's a beaut I tell you what. It's a Burgandy '01 F350 with 88k miles, one owner, 2wd, 6spd, Long Bed, Single Cab, Dually, with the 7.3. It has leather bench seats, vinel floors, non power windows or door locks, and a am/fm/casset radio. Well kept, minor flaws on the body (few scratches, few small dings), needs new front shocks, e-brake doesn't hold, but besides that it seems good. It drives nice and straight.

Now, I can get that truck out the door, TTL and everything, for $12,700. What do yall think? I just hate that I'm such an impulse buyer, that when I fall in love I really dont give a bleepity bleep ya know? Any advice for me?

First off Welcome to the ORG.

I would wait and try to find a 4x4. But that is just me. The best thing to do is become a premium member and request an OASIS report.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
and welcome to the org
Old 05-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

its not too bad of a price. if thats the type of truck you want and you're happy with how it looked and performed i'd say go for it. payments suck though
Old 05-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Howdy TEX! Welcome to the .org! Pull up a chair and stay awhile.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to TheyCallMeTex
Thanks yall. Yeah, definitely plan on bein here a while. Cause once I get me a diesel, the madness begins! Already have a programmer, 5" straight pipes to dual stacks, and a cold air intake waitin for me for free once I get it. Gotta love it...

Actually I'm trying to stay away from 4x4 now... I know me, and if I put myself in another 4wd, the same exact thing'll happen as my toyoter. It'll turn into something like this:

But hey, naw I wouldn't mind a 4x4, it's just that I think it'd be a little outta my price scope...

Just lookin for opinions really, so I don't jump into something I'm locked into and start regretting it later, when I could have just waited a little bit and find a heck of a better deal ya know?
Old 05-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Serving Our Country!

I would hold out for a supercab or Crewcab. The room inside is so nice to have. Texas has lots of trucks so take your time and you will fine just what you are looking for at your price. That Toyoter is one fine looking hunting wagon. Sorry I forgot to say
Old 05-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Howdy and I agree you should get a supercab/crewcab. Like WD40 said there are tons of trucks here in texas (unless you want a 6speed) So take your time and find the right one!
Old 05-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Strokin' In Dixie-Land

Hi there! And WELCOME TO POWERSTROKE.ORG.
If you really like the truck you are talking about, that ain't really a bad price. The supercabs & crew cabs have a whole lot more room. They'll almost naturally run you a little more but they also are easier to sell when you get ready to upgrade to a newer rig.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.