Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

how to tell leaking inj oring vs bad inj 99 7.3L

755 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  harley1rocker 
#1 ·
I need help asap! any body have any experiance on how to tell if its just my orings or is my inj fubar all of the inj on driver side are dry except #2 its puking out oil like a water fall right by the retaining bolt & bracket 99 7.3L:dunno:

#2 ·
sounds like a bad o-ring...take her out and check the o-ring since your in there.does it smoke??? what color if so??

#3 ·
ohh yea! when you get that inj out,take a flashlight and inspect the inj cup very closely, for cracks and what not

#5 ·
yea the ab code i beleive came on the 99 and up,those are split shot injectors.are any of the aa ao on top??? if so those are single shot and came with the obs trucks,98 and down,were are you located??? i gotta scanner and all,that wont tell you about the o-rings but it will take alotta guess work outta the equation...pull #2 and check out the o-rings.install and see were your at then...are you losing power???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.