Wrecked and then Rebuilt again!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wrecked and then Rebuilt again!!

Well I hope I get the pictures uploaded correctly
The first picture was the day I brought my new truck home, I was so excited! Then the rest are of it being totaled out from where I was at a dead stop and a guy in a 89 Dodge van never stopped. He hit me running 60mph (according to the officer). He shoved me forward 6 feet! Sadly it took rescue two hours to cut the gentleman out of the van and then was life flighted away. He was contious when they flew him out so I am hopeful that he survived even though it was visably obvious he was pretty messed up. Luckily I was able to get out and walk away. The rest of the pictures are of them hauling it away and then me starting the long and sweat filled hours of rebuilding my truck (after I bought it back from the insurance company of course) I had it checked and there is NO frame damage! I have a few things left I want to do to her but all in all I am thrilled with how my truck came out. The best part is I did all the work which saved thousands and thanks to the insurance company its paid for!I don't have pictures of the inside yet but I also changed out ALL the lights/leds to blue. Again, I hope these pictures work.

Last edited by justinlogue5_0; 12-11-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wow amazing rebuild! great job.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hmmm something about your wheels and tires setup with those flares just doesn't look right to me...Love those stacks though!
Old 07-29-2010, 02:48 AM

Thanks guys!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

looks great!
Old 07-29-2010, 03:52 AM

Good job on the rebuild. Well done!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.Hutch View Post
Hmmm something about your wheels and tires setup with those flares just doesn't look right to me...Love those stacks though!
Thanks! What kind of wheels and tires do you think would be good? These were on the truck and the rubber was brand new so I didn't even consider changing them. If I do change them I will stay with the 16" rim. Tires for the bigger rims are WAY out of my price range.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Man I can't believe that didn't touch the frame at all. Glad it hit you on an angle like he did. Now get rid of those crappy headlights and get some of the 03's to drop in. I say 03 instead of 05's because 05's require hacking up the header. I have had all three versions on my truck and if I had to do it again I would have kept the 03's. Besides they can be had cheap when people want the 05's. But looks good. Hope the title was "salvaged" if it is I hope you plan on keeping the truck for a very long while.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:53 AM
<<< 6.4 Powersmoke

Wow, good job man! I can't believe how badly it smashed up that van. It looks like it crushed the entire half of it! Do you have any pics of the other drivers side? I hope the guy is ok, but from the severity of the crash it looks like he might not be.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlogue5_0 View Post
Thanks! What kind of wheels and tires do you think would be good? These were on the truck and the rubber was brand new so I didn't even consider changing them. If I do change them I will stay with the 16" rim. Tires for the bigger rims are WAY out of my price range.
Well those flares makes the wheel well appear to be a lot bigger. I think you should maybe do a small lift, or atleast a leveling kit and stick a bigger tire in there to fill up that wheel well. Keep those 16's though. Big rims are a waste.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.