Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

need some pulling tips

1K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  crazyasswhiteboy 
#1 ·
i know theres many of you that have done this several times. this is my second pull so i need some tips. i have an 02 ccsb 7.3 edge evolution, cai, exhaust, and big head waste gate. any tips anyone can add to help me out like tire pressures gear selections etc. i pulled 277 feet last time at the tire pressure listed on the door tag in 4lo second gear and hammering down. anyone have other tips for me

#2 ·
get rid of the edge before you need a new tranny..:doh:

#3 ·
wat gear was the tranny in. if its an auto u should prolly be able to be in 2nd gear, also deends on axle gears and tire size/kind.

for tire pressure it kinda depends ont he track. a good rule of thumb i always went by was hav roughly 10psi more in the the rear tires than the front.

#4 ·
alright i know if its real wet you gotta go pretty low with the tires. and im running 285's with 3.73 gears they are hankook dynapro at's they did ok first run so we will see how we do

#5 ·
avg tire press my OBS truck liked was 40 in the rear and 30 in the front.:thumb:. but that was with IROKS.

#6 ·
i had those on my old truck and i miss them they went thru everything

#7 ·
wouldnt know. i never took my truck thru the mud. they look BA IMO. they hooked up very well ont he sled pulling track too, even the sandy ones. jus my .02 but dont EVER get the bias ply ones if u drive ont he road. mine where square in the mornings.:doh:. my first set was radials and they r well worth the extra money.:thumb:

when i was seld pulling id get to the track b4 i let the air out, as i was kneeled down letting th air out u could watch the lugs ont he tires start sinking down int the bak and angleing the front up, kinda like a pulling tire.:nod::woot::thumb:.

#8 ·
ya im prolly gonna get those for the next tires. and ya i had the radials on my truck but previous to my stroker i had a 94 chevy 9 inches up on 37 irok radials. thats why it went in the mud. my stroker stays clean for the most part unless i get the occasional call to pull someone out

#9 ·
that was the only time my truck has been REAL dirty. had to go to a local mud slingin spot to pull a friend out. had to snatch on him a few times but he finally came out. jus backed up to get some slack int he strap and in 4lo hand-the-can to it and let-er-eat.:scuffy

#10 ·
exactly. all my buddys cry when their chevy has to get pulled out by a ford. its great. i was there once too tho

#11 ·
lol. well i actually was pulling on a exploder. he was stuck BAD and it had been there for a while so the suction had done grabbed ahold of it hard. after i got him out i tried getting another buddy out in his yota. he was stuck even worse. i snatched him a few times and he movved about 6" then that was it, it was like hitting a dam tree after that. he had been there since the day b4 so the suction was unreal. after i left i heard it took 2 trucks with 10K winches adn a tractor to dig the mud out from around the back of the truck to get him out.:hehe:

#12 ·
haha wow!!! i was stuck once in my chevy in the three years i had it and mudded it. i had to call a tow truck to get me out cuz nobody had a truck that could do it

#14 ·
get a good vid of it.:thumb:

#15 ·
well just my luck they decided not to do a stock diesel class pull because there wasnt enough signups. so gonna shoot for tomorrow night and see how that goes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.