Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

02 7.3 white smoke and shifting issues

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  crazyasswhiteboy 
#1 ·
i have an 02 7.3 with 140k. mods are exhaust CAI bighead wastegate banks transcommand and a edge evolution programmer.

ive noticed on part acceleration decelleration and after hard takeoffs im getting white smoke. and when i programmed the truck back to stock it blew a little white and had no balls. not to mention on stock it was shifting really funny. like all the shift points were way too early. any help here is appreciated i know a little about diesels but not alot of depth.

again thankyou for the help.
Chris

#2 ·
bump for help gonna pull on thursday need to know if this is somethin that could make or break me

#3 ·
I couldn't tell you your problem. But i can tell you that it probably isnt a good idea to pull if you know you have a problem

#5 ·
i pulled the trans command and it shifts fine now. and as for the white smoke it doesnt do it all the time i took it out and hammered down til about 90 and let out and it didnt do it again for a couple days. could it be a fuel delivery issue? just replaced the fuel filter 4k ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.