Problem starting 2000 f350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Problem starting 2000 f350

I am about getting frusterated with my 2000 7.3 powerstroke. Every now and then it will not start without being pull started. It acts like there is air in the fuel line but I have found no breaks in the lines or no deisel leaking. I thought maybe a relay problem but changed them still no fix. My fuel pump is working but for some reason it wont bust off without being pull started. Once it is started she runs great. Help if anyone has any ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Conservative and Proud

Welcome Cowboy!

Someone should be on soon that can help you!!
Old 04-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Banned

have you tried pulling codes.....what is the condtion of the batteries (is it maintaining over 600 rpm while cranking).....and does it blow any smoke while its trying to start. also, how many miles and as many details about the problem as you can think of will help get the ball rolling on figuring it out......Marc
Old 04-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes I have pulled the codes it pulls up p0232 Fuel pump secondary high, po603 pcm processor keep alive memory (kam) error, p1212 icp voltage not at expected level and p1211 inject control preasure above/below desired. I have an Edge Evolution programer I set my truck back to stock it seems to be doing ok so far. Has anyone else had this problem with the programer. Or do you think there is something wrong with my truck. My truck has about 155000 miles on it.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy73stroke
Yes I have pulled the codes it pulls up p0232 Fuel pump secondary high, po603 pcm processor keep alive memory (kam) error, p1212 icp voltage not at expected level and p1211 inject control preasure above/below desired. I have an Edge Evolution programer I set my truck back to stock it seems to be doing ok so far. Has anyone else had this problem with the programer. Or do you think there is something wrong with my truck. My truck has about 155000 miles on it.
here is what i want ya to do......disconnect both positive battery cables for a half hour....after you put the truck back to stock. see what, if any codes it throws after you do this. the p0603 is from the programmer....that is normal. the others could be a few things and the first thing we want to check is this. also, pull the allen head bolt out of the high pressure resivour right at the front of the motor and check the oil level in there after it has sat a while. it should be within a half inch of the top of the resevour.........Marc
Old 04-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I pulled the allen head bolt out of the high pressure resivour and checked the oil level like you said the oil level was around 1/2 inch from the top. also pulled codes now I am not geting any.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Banned

is it starting fine now??
Old 04-19-2006, 04:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes it seems to be starting fine but I am kinda disapointed because with out the programer she dont seem to have much power. I like the throttle response I get even when the edge programer is on tow/haul setting. Do you think maybe the is a glitch in my programer. The only thing I can nthink of is for some reason it was putting exess fuel in the cylynders making the truck hard to crank or maybe like a gasoline motor fluddin it. Anyway nice chevy I have a 1952 that I set on a 1977 chasis 4x4 flat bed with dual wheels. Not ready for the road yet still playing with my motor. Chevy 350 4 bolt main, just installed cam and racing timing chain kit. Then going to make origonal stearing column go to power stearing pump. Rebuild the brakes and shes ready for a test drive.

Last edited by cowboy73stroke; 04-19-2006 at 04:33 AM.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Banned

try reinstalling the programmer and see what you get....it may have been a glitch....it also could have been a one time deal.....maybe the PCM lost something that the programmer told it to do or something......you cant really "flood" a diesel like a gas motor since there are no spark plugs......its totally different theory........we may have to dig deeper if it continues to do it with the programmer on.......Marc
Old 04-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I don't think it was a one time deal now that I think about it, I had this problem about a month ago. I had the programer on race it was acting up but I needed to haul a 74 chevy 3/4 ton about 4hrs down the road. So I put the programer on tow/haul pull started it and left to haul the truck. Since then I haven't had any problems untill the other day when I put it back on the race setting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.