duct tape & zip ties
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Willis, MI
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1. Chock Block the tires
2. Remove driveshaft
3. place driveshaft on tail gate
4. Remove clips holding u-joint caps in place
5. With hammer and decent size punch drive u-joint cap out.
Once one cap is punched out you can remove the u-joint.
6. Then finish punching out the u-joint cap.
7. Insert the new u-joint.
8. Place U-joint caps in the holes. Make sure you get them in as far as you can by hand.
9. Then slide the u-joint into one cap and tap it in place with hammer. Make sure you do not pinch the bearings in the other cap.
10. Once you have the u-joint completely seated install the new u-joint clips.
11. Reinstall the driveshaft. Make sure you use blue lock tite on the bolts.
If you need to do the other u-joint just follow these steps again.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Your Actions Today, Decide Your Future Tomorrow
2005 6.0 Crew Cab Long Box Lariat, current truck
2004 6.0 destroyed by contaminated fuel
2002 7.3L burnt