LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-14-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't buy from DB electrical !

Don't buy from db electrical !!
Purchased 2 of their heavy duty starters and an alternator...

The first starter went bad in a year..called, emailed..no response..

Second starter went bad two weeks later...called, emailed, no response..

Left a nasty message and a nasty email...got an email back to call so and so at this number....

They then told me its been just over a year, our warranty is a year, we didn't get any of your messages, your sh*t out of luck basically...we don't care that you spent money with our company, we are only worried about the new money, if you want you can ship the 2 20 lb starters to us at your cost and we can quote you some prices to fix them....why wold I want to try and fix the things that were supposed to be heavy duty, high torque, beefed up starters..that only lasted about 10k miles and after I had to beat them with a 4lb hammer to get one last kick out of them..

Talk about not standing behind your product...

I asked to speak to a manager...they are all in a customer service meeting...ha, was that a joke?

I then told them like many others these days I found their company via online automotive forums, and I would proceed to go back to all of those same forums with millions of active users and tell them how I made out with my db electrical starters...the guys response...(no offense to anyone as I'm from the NE, haha) in an almost fake sounding Jeff foxworthy impression voice hep said..I don't really cares about any of that, I don't use the emails.

So am I wrong and a starter should only last a year or in this case..10k miles..?.

ps3 online: kennyfcknpowers
post #2 of 15 Old 07-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd say your right it should last over 10k But your wrong to be mad because they wont help you after the warranty is up. Would you get mad at 7-11 because the milk you bought spoiled after the expiration date?

Dieselsite/Strictlydiesel Efuel, Baby Swamps, Adrenaline HPOP, D66 w/1.0 Housing, ww2, International Uppipes, Swamps tunes, Swamps IDM, Tymar Intake, 5in Exhaust, 203* T-Stat, Aluminum Radiator, 6.0 Fan, Dieselsite Coolant filter, Luk Clutch
post #3 of 15 Old 07-14-2010, 06:58 PM

no, you're right. that's some bull****. I'd be pissed.

99.5 F250 ECSB

4" ProComp Lift
ProComp Wheels with 35" Terra Grapplers
Zoodad Mod
TGC Dual Steering Stabilizer
PHP Phoenix 80dd - 120race
post #4 of 15 Old 07-14-2010, 07:06 PM

That sucks, well atleast you know now and are warning people. Im sure they have some happy customers, but i'd probably wont be buying anything from them anytime soon.

Chrome lug nuts
k&n filter
post #5 of 15 Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Serving Our Country!

What are you mad about? Are you mad that it didn't go bad while it was under warranty? It lasted as long as the warranty sound like everything else in this world.

Dieselsite/Strictlydiesel Efuel, Baby Swamps, Adrenaline HPOP, D66 w/1.0 Housing, ww2, International Uppipes, Swamps tunes, Swamps IDM, Tymar Intake, 5in Exhaust, 203* T-Stat, Aluminum Radiator, 6.0 Fan, Dieselsite Coolant filter, Luk Clutch
post #6 of 15 Old 07-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
your doing the right thing,only the nasty emails and such shows no class.well it depends on what you say.if you cussed em then thats not very mature.but if you told em the prob and still no response then you proceed to tell them you will spread the word and spread it well.thats all you really can do.only dont give em the satisfaction of lettin em know your pissed.cuz hell,after all they just work there,what do they care.ill spread the word as well on the other forms,thanx for the heads up man.im in the market for a starter...i think ill go with remy,
post #7 of 15 Old 07-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I spend my money I want things to last longer than a year warranty. They didn't service there customer. He has every right to say what he said about them. Thanks for telling us about there sorry service.
Doug

2006 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4X2 PSD 6.0 TorqShift Automatic Transmission. Upfitter Switchers Chrome Door Handles,
Oxford White with lower part being Arizona Beige Metallic.
Creative Coating Sprayed in bed liner.
20K Reese 5th wheel hitch.
Mods. 4in. Silverline stainless steel exhaust
BD Diesel XMonitor
Bama ZooDad

35 HitchHiker
Is it time to go camping?

http://video.superdutydiesel.com/vid...200180b9bd.htm
EX-USN
Doug
post #8 of 15 Old 07-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
yes things are suppose to last longer than the warrenty.look at dieselsite.bob has the best custermer service ive ever dealt with in the diesel community..barnone.they should follow his lead
post #9 of 15 Old 07-14-2010, 08:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
..this will teach you..BUY FORD..

original starter..235 000kms no issues.. there like 200$ from ford..go buy a real starter and stop dealing with that junk..

05+ coils, 10 Rear diff, box, tailgate, lights, bumper, Full 07 front harley swap...the list is endless.

AS IM RARLEY on here anymore...have a question ?? EMAIL ME dakinbryce@hotmail.com..ill gladly answer any of your questions. OR search me on facebook. ill help out anyway I can !

updated as of OCT 28/2013
post #10 of 15 Old 07-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_Turbo7.3 View Post
..this will teach you..BUY FORD..

original starter..235 000kms no issues.. there like 200$ from ford..go buy a real starter and stop dealing with that junk..

I completely agree

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode