Don't buy from DB electrical ! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't buy from DB electrical !

Don't buy from db electrical !!
Purchased 2 of their heavy duty starters and an alternator...

The first starter went bad in a year..called, emailed..no response..

Second starter went bad two weeks later...called, emailed, no response..

Left a nasty message and a nasty email...got an email back to call so and so at this number....

They then told me its been just over a year, our warranty is a year, we didn't get any of your messages, your sh*t out of luck basically...we don't care that you spent money with our company, we are only worried about the new money, if you want you can ship the 2 20 lb starters to us at your cost and we can quote you some prices to fix them....why wold I want to try and fix the things that were supposed to be heavy duty, high torque, beefed up starters..that only lasted about 10k miles and after I had to beat them with a 4lb hammer to get one last kick out of them..

Talk about not standing behind your product...

I asked to speak to a manager...they are all in a customer service meeting...ha, was that a joke?

I then told them like many others these days I found their company via online automotive forums, and I would proceed to go back to all of those same forums with millions of active users and tell them how I made out with my db electrical starters...the guys response...(no offense to anyone as I'm from the NE, haha) in an almost fake sounding Jeff foxworthy impression voice hep said..I don't really cares about any of that, I don't use the emails.

So am I wrong and a starter should only last a year or in this case..10k miles..?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd say your right it should last over 10k But your wrong to be mad because they wont help you after the warranty is up. Would you get mad at 7-11 because the milk you bought spoiled after the expiration date?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:58 PM

no, you're right. that's some bull****. I'd be pissed.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:06 PM

That sucks, well atleast you know now and are warning people. Im sure they have some happy customers, but i'd probably wont be buying anything from them anytime soon.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Premium Member

What are you mad about? Are you mad that it didn't go bad while it was under warranty? It lasted as long as the warranty sound like everything else in this world.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
your doing the right thing,only the nasty emails and such shows no class.well it depends on what you say.if you cussed em then thats not very mature.but if you told em the prob and still no response then you proceed to tell them you will spread the word and spread it well.thats all you really can do.only dont give em the satisfaction of lettin em know your pissed.cuz hell,after all they just work there,what do they care.ill spread the word as well on the other forms,thanx for the heads up man.im in the market for a starter...i think ill go with remy,
Old 07-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Serving Our Country!

I spend my money I want things to last longer than a year warranty. They didn't service there customer. He has every right to say what he said about them. Thanks for telling us about there sorry service.
Doug
Old 07-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to harley1rocker Send a message via Skype™ to harley1rocker
yes things are suppose to last longer than the warrenty.look at dieselsite.bob has the best custermer service ive ever dealt with in the diesel community..barnone.they should follow his lead
Old 07-14-2010, 08:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
..this will teach you..BUY FORD..

original starter..235 000kms no issues.. there like 200$ from ford..go buy a real starter and stop dealing with that junk..
Old 07-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_Turbo7.3 View Post
..this will teach you..BUY FORD..

original starter..235 000kms no issues.. there like 200$ from ford..go buy a real starter and stop dealing with that junk..

I completely agree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.