Who's Murphy? It should be X JBM X's Law... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who's Murphy? It should be X JBM X's Law...

Sorry in advance...short rant in store...

So this truck has done nothing but cost me money since I bought it. Granted, I love the truck, but Christ, it'll be a new fukkin truck before I'm done fixing everything!!!

New on the list:

I brought it to my buddy's shop for ball joints, had them done, fine. Go to get it aligned...still an inch of play at 6 and 12...time for wheel bearings.

Then, I get back from the alignment shop (after they aligned it btw, he made a judgement call since I was unreachable for an hour or so) the son of a ***** still pulls to the right like crazy!

Then, I go outside on Sunday morning to find my tire flat. Great. Turns out to be the valve stem, so I fill 'er back up. Figured I'd check the pressures around the rest of the truck. Rear tire (the one that wasn't flat) is inflated to 90psi!!!! WTF!! Max rating on the tire is 80, and door jamb says 55!! GRRR!!! And the 2 fronts are at 75!!.

So I bring them all down to 65psi, which is acceptable by me, and the truck pulls farther to the right.

So today, I start her up, and guess what? The battery light is on in the dash. I read the manual, check the battery connections...It's a mystery! Voltage gauge is reading the right thing, but battery light is on. How do I fix that?!?!?

I mean F***. I need a break. This think is draining my pocket!

I got rid of my Subaru WRX STi (which was in PERFECT SHAPE) for this damned thing that has been nothing but a headache. What was I thinking!?!?

Someone please tell me it will all be over soon and I'll be able to get another 150000 miles out of my good looking lifted truck without having to spend every last dollar!!

/rant

Last edited by X JBM X; 07-12-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2010, 04:41 PM

do a load test on the batteries as the gauge isn't very accurate and not trying to be rude but watch the language a little man.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:43 PM

sorry goose, I'm frustrated.

edited just for you
Old 07-12-2010, 05:00 PM

I had a string of bad luck here recently and I think it is over now(knock on wood) so yours should pass soon.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bought mine 3 weeks ago. Day after I bought it, the airbag light came on, a week later the battery light came on. Now the drivers window is acting up...

For my battery light, the gauge on the dash showed fine, but the test at oreillys was "inconclusive". Pulled the alternator & took it in to test & it tested bad.

Oh yeah, and because of this forum, I've already blown the $ for the '07 HD headlights & want to spend even more for the '05 Grille!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:53 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
You bought a 99.5 How many miles are on it. You bought a used truck sounds like you didn't really look the truck over. I see this a lot. Friends buy a truck bring it to me to look it over. I tell them it needs around 1,000 dollars in repairs. They freak out, and start cussing. Hey look man instead of asking a knowledgable person to go look at the truck. You bought it then brought it to me. Obviously the seller knew it needed these repairs couldn't afford them or thought it was not worth fixing. Went and bought a new truck and then sold the old one in front of his house.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
Bat light is almost 99% of the time the Regulator on the back of the Alt..they like to fail..just because the gauge is up doesnt mean its good..thats a dummy gauge btw..

dont worry about the play..i dont think theres many SD out there that are 100% perfect..mine aint and until the box fails..100% im sorry i can live with it..lol

and really not to be a dick..but you havent spent much on it..its all maintenance..

Wanna know my list cause im a " it has to be perfect guy "

Both front wheel bearings, hub seals, u joints, ball joints, calipers, pads, rear disc, front disc, full rear end rebuild, up pipes, tranny, rear u joints, tires, batteries..want me to continue? lol

Ball joints fail..Moog offers life time warranty..

Bat lights- they become more and more comon on higher mileage trucks..like i said regulators fail..

Valve stems..check them..there probably original..there not hard to replace and do wear out..

YOULL be ok..dont like the truck? ill take it..put the money into it lol
Old 07-12-2010, 08:30 PM

Same JBM from Audizine?! Probably not, but I figured I'd ask.

I know exactly how you feel. My Yukon has been one thing after another as of the last month or so. Hopefully your luck gets better.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 AM

THanks guys.

Took a while for me to fall asleep last night tho. Too much racing thru my head.

No, not from Audizine. That's one of the few forums I'm not on.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
You bought a 99.5 How many miles are on it. You bought a used truck sounds like you didn't really look the truck over. I see this a lot. Friends buy a truck bring it to me to look it over. I tell them it needs around 1,000 dollars in repairs. They freak out, and start cussing. Hey look man instead of asking a knowledgable person to go look at the truck. You bought it then brought it to me. Obviously the seller knew it needed these repairs couldn't afford them or thought it was not worth fixing. Went and bought a new truck and then sold the old one in front of his house.
I looked it over pretty well. I got a 7.3 that doesn't leak ANY oil...

However, I've done rotors and pads, a lift, a chip, steering stabilizers, ball joints, bed liner, and a couple other things...

the money is starting to add up. slowly but surely. god only knows when I'll need to rebuild the transmission...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.