thinking of buying 6.0??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thinking of buying 6.0???

well i'm still driving my 02 f-350 srwccsb 6spd with 120k......unfortunately i'm needing a smaller(excab) truck and have had no luck finding a low mileage 7.3.......test drove a 6.4 6spd and it just seemed way underpowered to the 7.3,which i was really surprised since my friend has a autmatic 6.4 and it feels pretty strong.Anyways i'm considering a 06 6.0 with the torque shift,i'd love try a 6spd 6.0,but haven't found any.sooooo anythoughts on the 6.0 with an automatic,i'm i gonna hate it or kickmyself.let me have it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
its a 50/50 shot. i had no problems with my 03 and loved it. i would buy another if i could find one with the same luck. but like i said, its 50/50. if you do get one, plan on the egr delete and headstuds...... and learn to clean the turbo vgt vanes. i really liked the torque shift, in tow/haul mode the shifts were changed and it would downshift to help slow you down.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:14 AM

tow/haul with the torque shift does rule, it sounds evil when you downshift with a 5" straight pipe.

like he said man its 50/50... if you just run out and buy the first roach you see. if you check the oasis report and look the truck over well, your more likely to find a reliable truck. are you planning on building it or just using it? studs and egr delete should be factored into the cost cuz eventually your probably gonna need it if you tow heavy loads or tune it.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:20 AM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

X2 on an oasis report. I tell people though not to run away from a 6.0 if its already had head gaskets done to it. Even the 2nd round ford repair is still better than not knowing if they have ever been done. If you have money to throw at it, do the egr delete and head studs though. If you find one you like make sure it has the latest comp reflash in it. It cycles the turbo vanes to help keep them from sticking so you won't have to clean them all the time. With that new program you should hear the turbo spool up while the truck is in park at idle. It will spool up and down to fully open the vanes.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldan2005 View Post
X2 on an oasis report. I tell people though not to run away from a 6.0 if its already had head gaskets done to it. Even the 2nd round ford repair is still better than not knowing if they have ever been done. If you have money to throw at it, do the egr delete and head studs though. If you find one you like make sure it has the latest comp reflash in it. It cycles the turbo vanes to help keep them from sticking so you won't have to clean them all the time. With that new program you should hear the turbo spool up while the truck is in park at idle. It will spool up and down to fully open the vanes.
X2 reflash is big, mine is a totally different truck after that. it sounds sweet when it opens and closes the vanes too haha
Old 07-10-2010, 09:26 AM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

my 03 had the new flash and like you said it did sound cool as heck.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldan2005 View Post
my 03 had the new flash and like you said it did sound cool as heck.
it scared the sh*t outta me the first time it did it haha, it was right outta the dealership i had it idling there just talking to the tech and it went from sounding like a 747 like usual to an i dont even know what haha. it was pretty cool.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Any thoughts on the 6spd 6.0,thats what i'd want if i could find one,so far i've only found the automatics and thats why i'm considering it,but i really do enjoy the 6spd...even after 120k
Old 07-10-2010, 12:03 PM

if your dying for a 6spd ide take a closer look at the 6.4 they can handle a ton of power, idk anything about a 6.0 6spd never really seen one
Old 07-10-2010, 12:14 PM

i just bought an 07 250 with the 6.0 a couple months ago. its also a six speed! no complaints what so ever. plenty of power!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.