New Scan tool - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Nuckin' Futz

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Scan tool

Hey a while back i told you all that i was going to be getting a new scan tool. Well i got it (autoenginuity USB scan tool) and have used it pretty frequently in the last few months. Yall wanted me to tell you about how i liked it so i will. I like it very much, the screens are very easy to understand and navigate. I like the option to data stream all of the available sensors in a grid and graph manor. However the one thing i think it lacks is a thorough explaination of the on board system tests in the sense that someone inexpirienced might have trouble understanding what the test actually does. Customer support is quite good. If you have a laptop that can support it already the scan tool is nicely priced and the option to choose which enhanced packages you wish to install is nice too. Perhaps one thing, though, that could change is the necessity of the enhanced package in order to perform most tests for diesels, however the enhanced packages are resonably priced. So yeah im happy with it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have it also , it is a great tool to have . some of the features are not supported by our trucks but thats OK the diagnostics are great
Old 05-15-2007, 04:33 PM
Nuckin' Futz

even though we can't use the speed tracer on our trucks cause the non-OB2 thing, its still a cool thing for to have for other vehicles.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Hey guys.. glad to hear good reviews of this tool. I've been planning to get one myself when the money is right, so hearing first hand that they do a good job eased my mind.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Strokin' In Dixie-Land

Good to hear. I have one coming this week.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:18 PM

Where do you get this and will it test injectors, oil pressure, fuel pressure etc. for the 6.0's?
Old 05-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Strokin' In Dixie-Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassHaul View Post
Where do you get this and will it test injectors, oil pressure, fuel pressure etc. for the 6.0's?
I'm not sure what all it will test, but I know it can test a lot of things. I ordered mine from Dennis at ITP Diesel, with the enhanced Ford package. I'm looking forward to getting mine.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

it will do injector buzz, cylinder contribution and many other test on the 7.3 I don't know about the 6.0 but I don't see why it wouldn't. it is also good to have to keep a close eye on the tranny and TC telimitry in real time while driveing
Old 05-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Nuckin' Futz

hey be sure that you get the Ford enhanced package...you have to in order to perform alot of the tests on diesels. even still its cheaper than a snap on or OTC scan tool. I got mine from ITP as well...yeah that TC speeds and input and output speeds are cool too...there is a way to use the graphs to read two things at once on one graph the book says you can use it to conver HZ into PSI which is what i need for my MAP sensor to read off the boost...i haven't figured it out but if i play with it enough i will...thats the beauty of this tool...its very easy to use once you figure the preliminary stuff out.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

autoenginuity test fail question?

I just got mine from itp also but I have a question on the evap test. Mines
failing due to low fuel level below 15% to 85%. So if I understand correctly
I'm getting air in the system some where? Which would cause my miss. I'm
thinking my gas cap might be bad, because the miss seams worse when I have a fuel tank of gas verses 1/4 tank. Or could my fuel pressure regulater
be going bad. ??? Not sure if that is evap related though. Need some help here I'm no tec. learning as I go. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.