Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Smoke?

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  99Smokin73Stroker 
#1 ·
With my mods shouldnt i see some smoke wheel i get on it? i thought the 10k mod would generate a little. the side of my truck turns black after a couple of weeks without washing it. i just dont see it. let me know what you guys think...Rod

#2 ·
the 10K will only give you a little poof of smoke, drop your resistor to a 5.6K or a 3.9K that should give you enough to make you want a tuner or chip :burnout

#3 ·
monday i will hit up radio shack and get an assortment of resistors and play with different ones. i read on here some where that different trucks like different resistance...Rod

#4 ·
anything lower than a 10K will make your idle go to crapp , but some folks like it.

#5 ·
mine is a little rough but no to bad...will shimming fuel regulator help with smoke?

#6 ·
I shimmed mine and all I got was 3 bad fuel pumps. although that and the intank mods will quiet and smooth out the engine to some degree.I wound up going with the external reg fuel system from ITP.

#7 ·
you should really think about getting a tuner, I have the DP tuner and when I put that thing in the holy s%&# mode she smokes like a cuban cigar.

#9 ·
a tuner is definately in the works, but we just got back from a 7 day cruise and that took my extra stash... tryin to get it built back up so i can keep playin. i just thought i should see some smoke now...Rod

#10 ·
or you could go with the ts chip like i have it will give you all the smoke you want plus you can get them for cheap if you search around.

#12 ·
ok ill see if i can find a ts chip, but when i buy one i will get custom tunes because of the 6ZF tranny...Rod

#13 ·
You could do that, but I think it might cost more, I don't know for sure. Nice thing about having a manual is you can lug it like crazy and it will dump smoke, lol. I had an auto with mine and had to gradually lay on the pedal to keep it form downshifting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.