ts 6 position chip - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ts 6 position chip

Howdy all I just installed my 6 pos chip from ts. It is stock high idle 50 75 100 and 140 hp. The 50 hp setting i do noyice a difference in but anything above that it just blows alot of smoke and i feel no improvment over the 50 hp setting. What gives any ideas? I figured if the 50hp was that noticable then the 140 would be crazy but it is no different than the 50 hp other than smoke.
Thanks, Duane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the same ts and love it and there is a big difference maybe you should have them reprogram it again.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Your HPOP is falling on it's face and can't keep up with the demand for oil. There are options out there to solve the problem, most which are expensive, or you could take a chance on buying a reman pump, which in my opoinion you are rolling the dice on getting a good one. First thing you should do is get someone with a scanner a see if you your hpo is falling off on wide open runs. You want to maintain 2800-3000psi at full throttle, if not your hpop is bad. My $.02
Old 04-11-2006, 05:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I agree with klutch. Every time I switched positions on mine I could feel a slight difference between the 50 to the 75, the 75 to 100 and I really felt it when I put it on the 140, it pulled like a sob over the rest of them and gave me plenty of smoke. Are you running a stock tire size? Cuz I could feel all that even on big wide 35's. Nevertheless something has to be wrong somewhere cuz I don't see how you couldn't feel a difference....
Old 04-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I dunno about the hpop I havent heard of anyone having that problem, not to exclude your reply, I guess someone with a scanner can check that? I called TS today and they said try cleaning the terminals again and see if that solves the problem, if not they would reburn it for me. The crazy thing is I felt no difference from 50-140 untill this morning. I put it on 140 and bam there it was.......crazy ballz style power then it went away. I switched back to 50 adn then to 140 again and it came back. I still feel no difference on 75 or 100 vs. the 50 setting. I am thinking all is leading to a bad connection or bad burn. Dont get me wrong I aint knocking TS by saying bad burn thats just what im hoping it is. They are awsome on customer service from my experience today. Great guys to deal with. Tires are 36x14.50 PJ Dirt Grips but they have been on since way before the chip so my power gain will be noticble top me if thats what your getting at. Thanks guys for the help your great and Im happy to be part of such a "bad beepbeepbeep bunch of guys" we know what truck if toughest;-)
Old 04-11-2006, 05:52 PM

I disagree with the HPOP, my truck has the same chip, 156k miles +, and I don't feel any differentg from the 50-75hp. But from 75 to 100, then 100 to 140 I can feel every change in the switch. I think that it could be programming issues, or a connection with the chip. Did you clean the terminal properly? I say programming because mine was supposed to be high idle and I got anti-theft instead. But there is definately a difference in the higher settings, and the only real smoke I get is on the 140, only a little on the 100 and 75. And the 140 on my truck is only fun at wide open throttle. I can feel the difference in injector timing going from 100-140.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yes I cleaned the termanls very well. However I sent it back to TS today and we shall see what happens. I will clean them again very well with "lacquer"? thinner per TS's request before I re install. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the replies, Duane
Old 04-11-2006, 07:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I was reading on TS's site before I bought mine and they were pretty clear on how to clean the terminals preferably with laquer thinner which I have plenty of laying around because i'm a painter. But I still was afraid i'd go and not get it cleaned right so I just road tripped with a buddy the 5 hours down there and had them do the install. I didn't feel too much difference between the 50-75 but it was there for me. I got the same amount of smoke on the 100 as I did with my superchips on high perf level, but the 140 was off the hook! I never ran at wide open though, It seemed to run better around 3/4 or something in that area....
Old 04-12-2006, 04:41 AM

Mine runs better for normal driving on the 100 and below, but the 140 is killer at WOT. I bought that chip to go with my nitrous, TS said it was compatible more so then my Banks Big Hoss was. And I like the shift programs on the 140 setting way better then the Banks module. The TS coupled with the Banks transcommand is a good combo. I also have a Bully Dog shift kit I plan on installing. I'm hoping I don't have any tranny problems soon. The TC was replaced at about 120k with an upgraded twin disc unit that I have no idea what brand it is. So hopefully the rest of the trans stays intact for another
50k.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I just ordered that same shift kit. let me know how different from stock it is. Also ho much difference did you notice with the ne tq converter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.