Banks Chip: How Much??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 08:30 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks Chip: How Much???

I recently got a new Harley & I want to buy some parts for it. I've been banging around my garage to see what I could ebay/Craig's List & I found my old Banks Big Hoss chip in a box I had on one of my shelves. I had originally gotten the whole "Big Hoss Bundle" from Banks when I started modifying my truck, but after I bought my house & moved I lost the receipt. I know nobody would buy any chip used(yes........I know..........especially a Banks chip)used for full price, so I was wondering how much one would go for. I still have the original box it came in, the owner's manual, & even the little scruffy pad to clean off the dielectric grease of the ECM.

NOW: before this turns into a shooting gallery on Banks, I'm asking you, pretty please with sugar on top, to be fair & serious. Here's a few guidelines I'm asking everyone kindly to follow:

1. No, I don't have the "Super-Mega-God almighty horsepower" sticker for it. Please- no sticker comments. Thank you.
2. Yes, I know this chip doesn't compare to DP, SCT, or TW. I own the TW & just want to sell this chip instead of recommending DP, SCT, or TW to either myself or any potential buyers. Thank you.
3. There isn't ANY negative commentary, opinion, insult, etc. I haven't heard about Banks equipment. I only want to hear how much this chip's worth. The Banks parts currently on my truck have dwindled quite a bit since the "Big Build", so let's just keep it @ how much the chip's worth. Thank you.
4. If anyone would just like to give me money to buy the bike parts & not have me pay them back, I'll just shut my mouth & move on to getting some genuine H-D parts.............THANK YOU!!!!

I also know I should probably look on ebay/Craig's List to check comparison prices, but it's been a while since I've been posting threads on the forum & would just like to get some feedback & see if any friends show up. Thank you guys so much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2010, 03:52 PM
The Screwy HEUI

No one?
Old 05-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
Just list it up for a couple hundred bucks..put obo beside it and swear its the best chip ever..or youll need it for a paper weight..
Old 05-29-2010, 04:15 PM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dereku
You can pay someone to take it just kidding around I got 250 for a used one a while back on craigslist
Old 05-29-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereku View Post
You can pay someone to take it just kidding around I got 250 for a used one a while back on craigslist
haha i tried that with the gf..that didnt even work! lol
Old 05-29-2010, 05:48 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Thanks for the advice, guys! I took your advice & gave it a shot for a couple hundred & posted on Craig's List & ebay. I won't hold my breath, though.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:49 PM

just want to say banks isn't that bad... they just need to put the money they spend on marketing and advertising into tuning endeavors hahaha.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcducote View Post
just want to say banks isn't that bad... they just need to put the money they spend on marketing and advertising into tuning endeavors hahaha.
Ha..thats the day the world ends..
Old 05-30-2010, 08:14 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcducote View Post
No I don't think Banks is too bad, they just don't offer much for the 7.3. I couldn't have gotten my injectors, turbo, HPOP, etc. & have the Big Hoss support it all because he just "gave up" on the 7.3 & just didn't go the extra mile for tuning capabilities. He doesn't offer too much more for the 6.0. As far as what he does offer for the 7.3 & the 6.0, it's great for the people who want the ultimate in bolt-on parts & that's it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_Turbo7.3 View Post
Ha..thats the day the world ends..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.