Finally! My first real truck!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 05:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Finally! My first real truck!!!

Finally I am getting my first real truck. It is a 2000 F250 7.3L extended cab, longbed.

I go to pick it up on Tuesday. It is in great shape, and is in top mechanical shape. The five speed tranny is a big plus.

It has 121K miles on it. It hasn't pulled a trailer much, at all, and has been babied. The guy hasn't driven it very much for the last three years, because he changed jobs. I saw that as a plus, not as many miles, and a minus, because diesels are meant to be driven. I know there will be things that I need to do to get it up to speed, but this is a great truck.

The nice part is, I get it for $8500. It is 4x2, but that is fine with me because I don't use the 4WD anyways. In winter I have never used it, even with all the snow we get, so I am not worried about not having the 4WD on this truck.

My only concern with getting the 250 was simply the weight carry capability. But I have gotten over that concern, because I figure I can upgrade the springs.

Take care,

John
Attached Thumbnails
Finally! My first real truck!!!-truck-pic-one.jpg   Finally! My first real truck!!!-truck-pic-two.jpg   Finally! My first real truck!!!-truck-pic-three.jpg   Finally! My first real truck!!!-truck-pic-four.jpg  

Last edited by John316; 05-27-2010 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Forgot to put some info in the post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 05:24 AM
Other vehicle is an F250

Congrats and welcome to the org.!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:26 PM

Thanks, Hank.

I doubt that our truck will ever look as good as yours.

Anybody know where we can get upgraded springs, so we can carry more weight?

Thanks,

John
Old 05-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Not sure on the springs, but nice truck, a lot like mine. You will be happy with it. Just a few things to look into doing first!
-CCV mod
-zoodad mod
- and look into a good chip like TW or PHP, you will wonder how you drove the truck with out it!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:00 PM

Well, if you're gonna go with a lift kit, which I'd imagine will help with that, I'd start by talking to Raul @ Stealth-Automotive.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:06 PM

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Your truck was the one I had in mind, when we were looking at this one. I would love ours to look somewhat like yours.

What do you recommend for the CCV mod (a kit, or assemble the items myself)? I think I understand what the zoodad mod is. Simply drilling so that the air intake can "breathe" easier.

I am not sure about the chip. My concern is what does it do for the truck in the long run? I want this baby to last a LONG time.

Thanks,

John
Old 05-27-2010, 05:09 PM

JBM, great recommendation. I am thinking at the most, that I would probably just do a two inch lift.

What do you all think?

Thanks,

John
Old 05-27-2010, 05:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
i think what you could do is get some 350 rear springs and a 350 rear block and then get a 2.5" leveling kit for the front it would make it sit alot higher and it would make it be able to handle more weight. or if you are going to be carrying ALOT of weight try and find some F-450 rear leaf sets.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John316 View Post
Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Your truck was the one I had in mind, when we were looking at this one. I would love ours to look somewhat like yours.

What do you recommend for the CCV mod (a kit, or assemble the items myself)? I think I understand what the zoodad mod is. Simply drilling so that the air intake can "breathe" easier.

I am not sure about the chip. My concern is what does it do for the truck in the long run? I want this baby to last a LONG time.

Thanks,

John
Yup thats the zoodad thing... I just did it the other day and when you look at it you can tell it has to help it breath better.
here is the CCV deal I will be using soon.. CCV Mod
But right now I just have a hose connected and ran to the back of the truck. Very simple to do.
And the chips will not "hurt" your truck, but if you beat on with with a chip it will put more stress on it but all around the 6 pos. chip will be a big improvement!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to thesmokinstroke02
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispaine View Post
Yup thats the zoodad thing... I just did it the other day and when you look at it you can tell it has to help it breath better.
here is the CCV deal I will be using soon.. CCV Mod
But right now I just have a hose connected and ran to the back of the truck. Very simple to do.
And the chips will not "hurt" your truck, but if you beat on with with a chip it will put more stress on it but all around the 6 pos. chip will be a big improvement!
if he doesnt drive it hard (sounds like he doesnt ) with the manual transmission+the chip he will have no problems. some good ones are tony wildman and bill cohren at power hungry performance (he is behind alot of edge's stuff )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.