WooHoo!! Lift, Steering Stabilizer on Order!! Tire Questions... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 05:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking WooHoo!! Lift, Steering Stabilizer on Order!! Tire Questions...

So I'm a n00b to the Diesel world, but not new to cars or trucks in general, nor new to the modding scene.

This is going to be my first truck with a real lift - I did a body lift on my old GMC 2500, but I want to just get some feedback on the stuff I ordered (I think I did a pretty good job searching on here to find what I was looking for...) and also get some tire recommendations.

So I have a 99.5 (02/99 build date), and I ordered the ProComp 4" lift, a Top Gun Customz Steering Stabilizer (standard shocks) and I'm looking to do tires and a tune. (Caryt, I know you're gonna contribute here, and I'm sorry, something about just doing shackles without actually changing the suspension with new parts kind of bothered me. I'll sacrifice a little ride quality for new parts.)

I'm pretty set on PHP's Phoenix 6 pos chip, with 4 tunes 1) Stock 2) 80hp DD 3) 120hp race 4) Anti-Theft (I live outside of Boston, and theft is not uncommon up here)

Now as far as tires go, I'm really considering the Kumho KL78's in 315/75/16 to go on the stock wheels, but I want some opinions. My budget is pretty tight, and I've read these are pretty much the best quality/dollar value out there. Ideally I'd go with BFG A/T's, but they're too expensive. I'll take some other suggestions though.

PS. I've read through the Tires section (I do search before just posting up)

Thanks all.

Feel free to throw some pictures up of your trucks with similar setups!!! I'll be doing all the installing this weekend and am quite pumped!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2010, 08:17 AM

Sounds like you are on the right track. Im running a setup just like the one you are going with. If you do any towing you might want to throw a tow tune in there on your chip. I just got PHP FU and I love it so far. The 80tow drives real nice with my 12' lawnmower trailer. I know alot of ppl run 315's with stock wheels but IMO they are just a little narrow and might want to look into some aftermarket wheels. Im bout to PM you where I got my wheels cause I got them for a real good price.Anyways heres what yours should look like:

Old 05-26-2010, 10:31 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Its ok, they handling and ride quality won't be what it could be but it will be lots better than stock.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:33 AM

Anybody use these Kumho tires and got reviews?

btw, I can't freakin wait to get this stuff installed this weekend !!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.