Chip, P1211 and SES light?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Chip, P1211 and SES light??

Yep...its me again. Got a quickie question. I now know that with the old chip thay was in the truck, I was constantly getting the ses light and the dreaded P1211 code, which I understand is usually the norm for chips to do...Question is...is there a way to bypass or somehow prevent this condition? Without spending a fortune (which I don't have anyway) Any assist with this would be helpful. Thanks
Howard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2007, 10:21 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by howardtm View Post
Yep...its me again. Got a quickie question. I now know that with the old chip thay was in the truck, I was constantly getting the ses light and the dreaded P1211 code, which I understand is usually the norm for chips to do...Question is...is there a way to bypass or somehow prevent this condition? Without spending a fortune (which I don't have anyway) Any assist with this would be helpful. Thanks
Howard.
If I remember correctly P1211 is the code for the map sensor correct.

If so just get an air pressure regulator and a couple 1/4 inch hose connectors. Set the Air Pressure Regulator for 20psi. Then put it in the map line going to the map sensor. This will prevent your SES light from coming on.
If you don't know the Map Sensor is located by the A/C condensor on the passenger side of the engine compartment by the firewall. It has a wiring harness and rubber hose going to it. You can either cut the hose and place the regulator in line like that or you can get a short piece of hose and put in like that. Also most regulators have an arrow on them pointing in the direction of air flow. Make sure you have the arrow pointing towards the map sensor so the boost will flow to the map sensor. But it will be regulated to not go over 20 psi.

This all costs about 20 bucks at the local hardware store.

I also recommend that if you do not have gauges yet that you get them. Especially Pyrometer and boost and tranny temp. This is so you can prevent damage from occuring to your engine from over boost, or High EGT's.

Last edited by bigcountrysg; 05-09-2007 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 AM

nope...the P1211 is the "IRP above ar below desired" It seems, and Jody at DP agrees, this is pretty standard and norm for chipped engines..something about the HPOP not being able to keep up. Also...I have guages, and the boost seems to always be low...the absolute may I've EVER seen, and that was with the old chip, was about 15..and that was once!, under WOT climbing a steep grade.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

howard if you run a chip it will set that code , no way around it
Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
P1211 is ICP above or below desired level If i remember the overboost code is P1249
Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 PM

thanks Scott...thats kinda what Jody said...makes me long for the old days of duct tape and bailing wire...all ya needed to keep your rig in tip top running shape..LOL. Its just that any time that light comes on..the ol "pucker factor" shoots through the roof! BTW Scott..I did finally sell my smaller truck..took a total beating on it big time but couldn't afford another month's insurance. Still need to have ya take a look at this beastie and tell me what needs fixed/replaced/exploded/run over a cliff/polished/caressed/kissed an/or scheduled for therapy. This engine mis is driving me nuts..and it ONLY started doing it AFTER these jerk-offs at Allegheny Ford replaced the PCM. Anywho...I'm starting to look for a load going down your direction so I may be giving you a call at a moments notice letting ya know I'm on my way...'course, if you're fishing...I completely understand..LOL
Old 05-09-2007, 12:38 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

i think i might be busy that day , just kiddin, im always working
Old 05-09-2007, 04:41 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
howard if you run a chip it will set that code , no way around it
Thats funny my ts-6 pos chip never sets that code off, but it did set off the map sensor code. That is why I put in my homemade mapfooler.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:38 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Thats funny my ts-6 pos chip never sets that code off, but it did set off the map sensor code. That is why I put in my homemade mapfooler.
im not sure but it seems to me the programmers are worse for that than plug in modules, maybe i should have been more precise
Old 05-10-2007, 02:42 AM
Emergency Services

i have the same problems with my chip. it does it on the 75 and 100 hp setting. sucks. gonna put in a 17 degree hpop soon. maybe that will stop my problem until i can afford duad hpop's. i feel u on the pucker factor though!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.