I am back in a PU - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 03:19 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am back in a PU

Well - I did it found me what appears to be a fairly nice 99 F250 Ext Cab 7.3 4X4, 6-speed manual tranny (just like my first F-250 only that one had the 300/6) with 138,000 on it, so I am back in a pickup - I no longer have to make dump runs in the Excursion and I will not beat it up towing my new trailer!

Is pretty clean from a rust perspective - only place I find any really is at the bottom of the drivers door - both the drivers door and pass door rubber strip that runs along the bottom are missing. She has a few dents in her but then so do I...

Strange thing is that when I test drove it I put it in 4 wheel drive I could (and still do) hear something engaging and assumed it was engaging everything but the front hubs do not engage when in Auto setting, the 4X4 and 4X4 Low lights come on but the hubs do not engage - I can manually engage them and they work fine, but need to figure that out.

The cruse control also does not seem to work - that one seems like it might be an electrical issue since the light on the dash does not even light up.

Other that that I am really pleased with it - cost me a few dog house points with the better half that I will have to work off
Attached Thumbnails
I am back in a PU-99_250rs584_439.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.