Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Airbag light and series of dings

683 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Highwaywrench 
#1 ·
Lately the airbag light has been flashing a pattern of 2-7-2-7-2-7-2-7-2-7 then stays on steady as soon as the key is tuned to the RUN position. Also at random times after the truck is running or driving, the dinger will ding 5 series of 5 dings. For some reason, the passenger airbag off light does not work.

I am going to have my buddy run the codes sometime within the next few days so we'll see what comes up.

#2 ·
Mine does same thing. Hopefully someone will have a answer

#4 ·
when your passenger airbag light is burned out, the system senses a loss of continuity, and proceeds to warn you of the failure, with a 5 set series of 5 dings. Enough to make you mental.

I went to the dealer for the part ( dealer only ) and decided that I would rather play pick up sticks with my butt cheeks, than pay what they wanted for the airbag switch.

I took it apart, and found what was required for a bulb. Picked one up at radio shack, carefully soldered it in, and problem solved. just like that. I can't recall the number of the bulb that I got, only that they come in packages of two. For about $3 CDN. so if you are strapped, a couple of you could get together, and float $1.50 each..... anyway.

That is how I fixed the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.