Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What's the biggest Tire you Can Run????

2K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  landon05 
#1 ·
I found me some 17x9 rims im looking to get this week so i'm wondering whats the biggest size tire i can run before I would need to add a lift or the biggest I can go without the tires rubbing???? Any help will be appreciated and pics of your setup as well Thanks

#2 ·
35s with add a leaf. Rubbing also depends on wheel backspacing and tire width.

#3 ·
Cool.... I was thinking of going with only 30's or 33's.. How much the leaf spring usually run?

#4 · (Edited)
The add a leaf is usually around $100 it's just a thicker leaf with more of an arch to it you gota split the spring pack and put it in the middle. Or you can get an actual levelking kit wich is new front springs usually cost around $500 or so. Personally I would go with the 33's I think it looks better. Is your truck a 250 or 350 should of asked you that the 350's sit a tad bit higher. Or you could go with drop shackles in the front good thing about drop shackles is it keeps the factory ride feel. Check out this website if you wana go with a shackle lift prety good price.
http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new/detaproduct.php?id=165&PHPSESSID=c465fb89882c186087d5aa2606ce9ea2

#5 ·
I got a 2002 F250 and yea im leaning towards the 33's! And the wheels im getting are 17X9..

#6 ·
Here are the specs to get more or better replies. The rims are pro comp 6005 series 17x9 with 4.75 backspacing! Looking to see if I can run 30's or 33's without rubbing

#8 ·
My dad has 33x10.5 Toyos on his truck stock and it's a 250 no rubbing. Stock tire height is about a 32-33

#9 ·
#10 · (Edited)
I would go with either 17 or 18's save you a little extra in tire cost plus if you do any offroad stuff like hunting and such with a 33 and 20" rim there is a good chance of dingin up the wheels cause their aint much rubber there. I know you said you were probably gona go with 17's anyways thats what I ended up goin with was a 17 there are more wheel options it seems with 18's though. NIce lookin rims damn good price too.

#11 ·
Yea He has good prices but shipping would prolly kill it so im going to stick with the 17 inch pro comp's I found here.. Its just hard as hell finding tires at a good price!! lol

#13 ·
Man you wont believe this.. I was going to get the 17's for 450 bucks then pay around 867 for tires with warranty and comes out to about 1400 bucks.. Then today I found some black 20x9 rims on Nitto 305/55/20 tires (tires have warranty with discount tire) for 1100 bucks cash!! Good deal imo going to pick them up at 6 when I get off

#14 ·
Why can't I find deals like that it cost me about 1400 just for tires. Better snag em up.

#15 ·
Got the 20's!!!! Need center caps and lug nuts to mount up but still GOOD DEAL imo

#16 ·
You know a good place to get used center caps????? I been searching the net up and down and cant find nothing!!!

#17 ·
I just went to my local Discount Tire store when I was looking. I picked up new center caps for cheap. They were only like $5.00 each. They were generic (plain, didn't necessarily have a brand on them).

#18 ·
Yea I called this morning im going in a few they say I have to bring the wheel in... Im going to get caps and lug nuts should mount them up this coming week then I will upload pics!!! :woot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.