Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

just finished foil delete

2K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  lilredpowerstroke 
#1 ·
Just finished doin my Foil Delete..Not as impressed as I'd hoped I can hear the turbo a little more but not what I had expected... anyway It looks alot better under the hood

#25 ·
If you want alot of turbo noise get a Garrett GTP38R. The whistle from it is insane!!!!!!!!!!! It is very loud.

#3 ·
thats what I was thinkin how hard are they to install?

#15 ·
THank You, I just bought it 3 weeks ago my VERY FIRST BOUGHT AND Paid for by me. My rents have an 01 7.3 crewcab one ton with a 110 chip. I was wonderingi f you know of where to get a good waste gate and wicked wheel

#19 ·
You have an EARLY 99 truck then. That means foil delete and the WW are already on your truck.

You have smaller injectors and turbo and a few other things that the later 99-03 trucks have.

#20 ·
does the ww do anything performance wise I know spool up will be quicker but how much gain otherwise.mpg etc....

#22 ·
howcome you haven't done it any specific reason? just curious. cause I've heard people say huge waste but I've also heard people love it guess it's just opinion

#23 ·
There is no real HP gain, spool up is bit quicker, so I suppose if you dyno'd the same truck, with and without the WW the power curve may be different, but what the real difference would be, it would be slight. There is a claim that EGT's drop as well, or at least that's what the side of my box says :) but I don't see anything significant.

It does whistle for sure, although I recently went stright pipe, and now what turbo whistle I gained is drowned out :( well almost.

If you had to pay a shop the labor of 3-4 hours to install the WW I would not do it, that much money could be spent elsewhere on real performance gains IMHO.

..on the flip side, if you can do it yourself, or better yet, you and your drunk friends can do it, then yeah, it's worth it.

just my .02 cents on the pile.

TA

#28 ·
Ill try to get one as soon as he's up and running again. The damm fuel pump went out again on me last night.:blowup::rant: This makes like the fourth or fifth time the damm thing has went out in the past 2000 miles. The last time they even changed the sending unit in the tank. Guess its time to call Pat and Larry and get a Fass and while Im at it I guess Ill do the intank mods as well.

#30 ·
I told the old lady that I have to spend the $700 for the Fass or the next one could leave us hundreds of miles from the house instead of blocks. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.