F250 vs Excursion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Which one?
Keep the F250... 15 88.24%
Excursion and cash.. 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
F250 vs Excursion

Mod/Admin, if there's a more appropriate section for this post, please move it.

So, I have the opportunity to possibly trade my F250 for an Excursion and some cash and I'm on the fence, back and forth.

Details:

2000 Ford F250 4x4 7.3L Diesel - 296k miles, Tymar, Stage 1 single shot injectors, DP Tuner F5 chip, boost bypass valve, Factory Tech Valve Body, '07 front conversion, SAT/NAV aftermarket stereo system, Lariat leather interior, triple gauge pod w/boost, tran, EGT, 6" lift, 37x12.50x17 ProComp eXtreme A/T's on Moto Metal wheels.

2000 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3L Diesel - 210k miles, Tymar, DP Tuner tuned ECM, '07 front conversion, SAT/NAV aftermarket stereo system, leather interior, 2wd, some brand of 22" wheels/tires.

The Excursion belonged to a buddy of mine who sold it a year or so ago to the guy who has it now, so I know the vehicle's history for the most part. Over all, both vehicles are in comparable condition. The trade if done would be the Excursion and $2,000 for the F250.

I'm interested to hear opinions as it may bring up points I hadn't considered?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i love my excursion... i sold my very highly modified F 250 for this beast... if you have a family i would def make the trade.. this thing can fit everything and still have room for 8 people
Old 04-29-2010, 03:05 PM

Realistically, I don't ever need more interior room than my crewcab truck has (single, no kids), so that's not a point for either option. I don't "need" a 4wd, but it's nice to have at times. I do tow on occasion (boat, car trailer, etc) which either will do fine. The Ex rides nicer, is more comfortable, gets better fuel mileage, and although carries many similarities to the F250, would be something new (to me). The F250 is the longest I've ever kept a vehicle without getting something different so I'm kind of itching. If I ever needed the usage of a truck if I did the trade, my buddy (who owned the Ex previously) has a F350 I could borrow anytime. But, I love the F250 and would hate to see it go. It definitely sticks out more than the Ex (just another SUV with nice wheels to most) and I'm not so sure I've grown up/grown out of that phase where I don't want to blend into all the other traffic. Haha.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-psi View Post
Realistically, I don't ever need more interior room than my crewcab truck has (single, no kids), so that's not a point for either option. I don't "need" a 4wd, but it's nice to have at times. I do tow on occasion (boat, car trailer, etc) which either will do fine. The Ex rides nicer, is more comfortable, gets better fuel mileage, and although carries many similarities to the F250, would be something new (to me). The F250 is the longest I've ever kept a vehicle without getting something different so I'm kind of itching. If I ever needed the usage of a truck if I did the trade, my buddy (who owned the Ex previously) has a F350 I could borrow anytime. But, I love the F250 and would hate to see it go. It definitely sticks out more than the Ex (just another SUV with nice wheels to most) and I'm not so sure I've grown up/grown out of that phase where I don't want to blend into all the other traffic. Haha.
well in that case stick with the truck... if i didnt have kids i would have kept my truck instead of getting the excursion....
Old 04-29-2010, 04:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to F250 Fever
you have a very nice truck man i would def keep it
Old 04-29-2010, 04:45 PM

trucks great man!

if you ever want an excursion then just throw a camper shell on it later on..... my 0.02
Old 04-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Serving Our Country!

I had a 2001 Excursion with the 7.3. Great truck. I traded it for a 09 6.4 crew cab. has less than 7,000 miles on it, and the EGR coolers are being replaced. I am beginning to think, I should have kept the '01.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 AM

keep the truck! BA truck. its not time for a family machine. and a crew cab has plenty of room for 6
Old 04-30-2010, 12:08 PM

For me it would come down to interior space vs. 4wd. I need the 4wd.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:26 PM

For me I would keep the truck. As it is 4wd and to me looks way better. Also nice to have the things and not need them, then to need them and not have them. Now if the EX was 4x4 than be iffy. Yet I like lifted trucks and standing out in a crowd! Good way of course.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.