5yr/100,000 mile warranty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wakeman, Ohio
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 01SMOKINSD Send a message via Yahoo to 01SMOKINSD
5yr/100,000 mile warranty

Ok guys, need to pick your brain. I have an 01 PSD and im taking it in monday to have the rear main seal in the engine replaced, and the front pump seal in the trans replaced. I only have about 3 more months left under the warrenty and want to get everything fixed before it runs out. What Im wondering is if this warrenty covers the rear end and front axle also. The warranty is listed as a powertrain or driveline warranty, and i consider the axles to be part of the driveline. Im having a vibration in the rear when i take off from a dead stop. Not sure what it is but would like to have it looked at while its there if its under the warranty. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 04-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: central coast, california
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01SMOKINSD
Ok guys, need to pick your brain. I have an 01 PSD and im taking it in monday to have the rear main seal in the engine replaced, and the front pump seal in the trans replaced. I only have about 3 more months left under the warrenty and want to get everything fixed before it runs out. What Im wondering is if this warrenty covers the rear end and front axle also. The warranty is listed as a powertrain or driveline warranty, and i consider the axles to be part of the driveline. Im having a vibration in the rear when i take off from a dead stop. Not sure what it is but would like to have it looked at while its there if its under the warranty. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
i work for a dealer.......the warranty ONLY covers the motor and most parts bolted to it.......so the driveline stuff isnt covered.....

that vibration from take off is "normal"....it is the driveline angle......it can be kinda fixed..but it will always do it in one condition.......if it does it loaded now...it probably doesnt do it unloaded......you can only fix it to not do it one way........PM me and ill give you my phone number if you want a better explanation....Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 04-06-2006, 06:57 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wakeman, Ohio
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 01SMOKINSD Send a message via Yahoo to 01SMOKINSD
Ok, thanks. I wasnt too concerened about the vibration cause its only there for a split second. Im a mechanic myself and usually do my own maintence and repair, but i figured if it was covered under the warranty id let them mess with it. One other question I have is do you know perchance that if the rearmain seal is leaking and they have to pull the crank. Does Ford or International also pay for the bottom end to have new bearings put in? This is assuming the seal is a one piece seal and the crank does have to be pulled. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 04-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: central coast, california
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01SMOKINSD
Ok, thanks. I wasnt too concerened about the vibration cause its only there for a split second. Im a mechanic myself and usually do my own maintence and repair, but i figured if it was covered under the warranty id let them mess with it. One other question I have is do you know perchance that if the rearmain seal is leaking and they have to pull the crank. Does Ford or International also pay for the bottom end to have new bearings put in? This is assuming the seal is a one piece seal and the crank does have to be pulled. Thanks.
the rear main is one piece and just the tranny needs to come out.....but look very closely on top of your motor in the valley.......ive only EVER seen one 7.3 with a true rear main leak....it is one of the most mis diagnosed leaks in the car industry.....Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 04-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Big Cypress Indian Reservation
Posts: 2,756
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschn99
i work for a dealer.......the warranty ONLY covers the motor and most parts bolted to it.......so the driveline stuff isnt covered.....

that vibration from take off is "normal"....it is the driveline angle......it can be kinda fixed..but it will always do it in one condition.......if it does it loaded now...it probably doesnt do it unloaded......you can only fix it to not do it one way........PM me and ill give you my phone number if you want a better explanation....Marc
There's another way to fix the vibration. If you can stand it then dont worry about it but if you want it gone do away with the two piece driveshaft and get a single unit made from the trans to the diff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 04-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wakeman, Ohio
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 01SMOKINSD Send a message via Yahoo to 01SMOKINSD
Marc, Im guessing that your saying to check the O-rings on the turbo pedistal? I didnt look too closely just happened to notice it leaking when I did the last service. Is there anything else that I should check for possible leaks to have fixed while its in the shop? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 04-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: central coast, california
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01SMOKINSD
Marc, Im guessing that your saying to check the O-rings on the turbo pedistal? I didnt look too closely just happened to notice it leaking when I did the last service. Is there anything else that I should check for possible leaks to have fixed while its in the shop? Thanks!
there are o rings between the pedestal and the turbo, the pedestal and the block....there are three o rings on the high pressure oil pump that are a relatively common leak, quite frequently the four hose clamps on the orage tubes between the charge air malifold and the heads loosen up and leak a little oil........there are a lot of things up top to leak oil....and that is FAR more common than a rear main.....like i said, its virtually never the rear main........Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 04-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wakeman, Ohio
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 01SMOKINSD Send a message via Yahoo to 01SMOKINSD
Ok, Thanks Marc. I did notice some oil residue on the orange air tubes up top. I just noticed oil drooling down the back side of the oil pan, and from what I could see it looked like a rear main, but its good to know that, that is probally not the culprit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 04-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: central coast, california
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01SMOKINSD
Ok, Thanks Marc. I did notice some oil residue on the orange air tubes up top. I just noticed oil drooling down the back side of the oil pan, and from what I could see it looked like a rear main, but its good to know that, that is probally not the culprit.
you would be amazed at how that little bit of oil coming out of those orange tubes can collect on the seam between the head and the block....and also at the back of then engine valley over time and pool up and eventually look like a huge leak....and if the clamps are loosened up over time from running...the amount can be even more........Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 04-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: central coast, california
Posts: 0
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
by the way....your 5/100k warranty will cover any oil leak period......minus the 100 dollar deductable of course....take it in now so you have documentation of the leak so if they dont fix it you can have proof that it was leaking before the warranty ran out......Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors