Injector O-ring istall - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:39 AM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Injector O-ring istall

Well got around to doing the job yesterday afternoon. Went pretty good all in all. The videos and writeups on here really helped out a ton. Should have taken some pics but was too dirty to wanna go get the camera. I have yet to run it all put back together yet, but did fire her up with the valve covers off yesterday eve to make sure all injectors were firing. Got her all buttoned back up douple and triple checked myself. Damn injectors for these trucks a big as ****...... The tips on them were kinda gunked up but they cleaned up nicely. They look to be all original injectors except number 4, it was changed out few months before I bought the truck. Hoping they can go another 20-30 thousand miles and then will have the money to get some stage 2's. The orings were in pretty rough shape on them and some where torn a bit. I just hope this is the reason why my truck smokes when motor is cold. Guess will find out soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2010, 02:51 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

well, she runs like a champ!! Seems to be stronger now with the new orings and cleaned up tips. Might just be in my head but seems to be stronger. Had a 1316 code on first startup but just ended up being wire that kinda pulled out on the driver side valve cover hook up. Pushed it back in really good and good to go!! Also, I retorqued the rocker arm bolts while I was in there..

Last edited by ju015dd; 04-25-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:01 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

Well, still white smoke on cold motor starts. Guess it is safe to say I have an injector that is slow leaking. I have new orings, new gps and new relay. Truck runs great just smokes like hell!!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
have you done a compression test? i know compression issues caused by something other than o-rings are rare but a buddy of mine has the same problem and found out he has some blowby.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:39 PM
O.I.F. Combat Vet 11B

Wouldn't compression issue cause hard starts? Mine pops off nice and strong. My blowby is not excessive my no means. Oil cap can sit in place and not be pushed off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.