been pondering, questions... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 05:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
been pondering, questions...

eventualyl i will be upgrading my truck to a 99-03. i would like to stick with forged rods, and will be looking for the rare CC 4x4 w/ forged, non-dually, etc, etc.

so, say i find a 2000, and i assume that the 03 has newer features/packages, toys, etc. are most or all of those features ones that i can casually find out there and just bolt in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2010, 06:18 AM

The features aren't that much different. Maybe the backup parking sensors or something, but you would need a fill wiring harness from dash to bumper for that. I'm pretty sure the 2000 had the same options as the 03.

My lariat has Park Assist, adj. pedals, heated seats, 6-disk changer, electric seats, electric windows and locks, remote entry, ESOF 4x4 w/ auto-lock hubs, cruise control, electric mirrors(not power sliding), heated mirrors, block heater, and probably one or two more that I can't think of.

what it does not have is Moon Roof, upfitter switches, integrated breake controller, rear sway bar, plow package, PTO, camper package, signal mirrors, cab clearance lights.

I think most of those options are available on 2000 models as well as 2003 models. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong(i probably am on some of it)

To me, the biggest thing I like on my 03 over the '00 is that the leather goes all the way down the back of the front seats. On the 2000, the back of the seats is a carpet material, which I think looks dumb. At the least it should be a cloth seat material, not carpet.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:29 AM

thanks for the info. a 2k can come with more than i thought
Old 04-22-2010, 10:11 AM

2000 Ford F-250/350 Super Duty Options - Consumer Guide Automotive

here you go. Looks like you can't get heated seats, adjustable pedals, and parking sensors. Not really a big deal though. I like my heated seats, but My parking sensors don't work(haven't figured out why yet), and I rarley move my pedals(only on longer trips, 1000-2000 miles, where I need to change positions a little)
Old 04-22-2010, 10:25 AM

thanks, ill check it out.

i could care less abou theated seats, etc. i as thinking of things likepower/telescoping mirriors, dual zone climate control, power seats, easy buttons for the radio, digital mirrior compass for the directional-challenged drivers, yada yada yada...
Old 04-22-2010, 11:30 AM

You won't find the power-telescoping mirrors on a 7.3 truck, nor the dual climate control. I wish, casue my truck would probably have them, lol. My radio is pretty basic. It's the same thing that comes in all ford trucks with 6-disk in-dash changer. My friends 05 ranger had the same radio.

The compass is in the overhead computer above the rear-view mirror, which also has outside air temp, distance to empty(based on last 500 miles of driving style) and miles per gallon.

I believe you can add some power-telescoping mirrors from an '08 to these trucks with a little bit of custom wiring though. I wouldn't count on getting dual climate control. The best you can do is close the vents on the the side that is cold(in the summer) or hot(in the winter)
Old 04-23-2010, 05:48 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
my 99 lariat inly has the driver side power seat. and the leather is only on the sitting surfaces.... vinyl on the sides and carpet on the back. and of coarse, non heated. i have the tow mirrors, but they are not heated, i really like heated mirrors, for our mn winters. i also like the marker/turn signals in the mirrors. i do not have auto headlights, i wish i did. i have the 40/20/40 front seat, but i do not like the arm rest design. the newer 02 on ups have the extra cup holders and remove that worthless change holder. it keeps coming loose and popping out...
did the 02 on up have the auto down drivers window? i dont remember if my 03 had it. i think it did, that is a nice feature.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:59 AM

my 03 has auto-down driver's window and auto headlights with foglights+parking lights option
Old 04-23-2010, 06:20 AM

these are the thing im wonderign if i could part out of a totaled truck or soemthing, auto healights woudl be awesome since im pretty well used to it. thats been a problem with em and the batteries on my 95!

heated mirriors is something i would probably fabricate when i get what i want if it doesnt have it. here in MO we get a little snow, but more ice and freezing rain, that would be an awesome feature.

so is that overhead computer something i can rob from a wreck an install too?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:46 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.