Couple questions. First PSD. Wash engine? Owners manual? RPM range? OD? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 05:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Couple questions. First PSD. Wash engine? Owners manual? RPM range? OD?

Just got my first diesel here. Pretty excited. Had a bunch of axle work down including all new axle and hub seals, front and rear, rear brakes, ball joints, diff fluid change, alignment and my pocketbook is low. 99 F-250 build date of 1/99.

Where can I find an owners manual just get the basics?? Found some gas versions on the internet, but not the diesel version. Suggestions for a better service manual as well? Haynes is just all gas/diesel combined from like 99-2005 or something.

My auto tranny shifts from 2-3rd at about 2300 RPMs. Seems a little high. Is this normal?

I have diesel fuel kicking up on the battery and some components. It seems that whoever cleaned the engine doused the thing is diesel fuel and didn't clean it off well because we can't find a leak anywhere. I found a couple pools but it keeps happening. Mechanic told me I should take it to a car wash, pop open the hood, hose it down with tire cleaner, and then soap it up and rinse if off??? Is this okay? What should I do? Just the block? Parts I should avoid?

I have only tried this once, because I can't afford to bust this here and I cant get this fixed right now, but I was going about 65mph and I pushed the O/d button and the rpms revved up to close to 3k!! I quickly pushed it back off and it went back to normal. Issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 05:38 AM
addicted to diesel

heres a link to pdf files from ford for the owners manual: https://www.flmowner.com/servlet/Con...stomer-support
with the od button when its lit it is off and at 65 it would be doing close to 3k. turning the od off is for speeds lower than 55, but there are quite a few guys on here that dont shut the overdrive off very often so thats your call
Old 04-20-2010, 05:57 AM

Ah, so I might get a little better acceleration if i keep the OD off? Makes sense. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 AM

Clicked on the link and it doesn't recognize my truck. VIN or 99 f-250
Old 04-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Ebay has owners manual otherwise there are several sites for the PDF version, google is your friend. For the fuel problem I am guessing it is the O rings in the water/fuel drain valve. You can replace just the O rings or the entire valve assembly, I recommend the later and what I just did on mine. For cleaning the engine pick a warm day, do not use a high pressure hose at the car was. Get the engine warm, not hot, spray degreaser on the engine and everything else. I don't like the smell of the engine degresers and use Greased lightining, or Simple green, let stand 15 min and hose off with garden hose. Cover the alt and power steering cap first. Then leave the hood open all day to let it dry out. They spray with "engine detailer" sold at Auto Zone. This will leave your engine clean and perdy. Start the truck and crawl under the front of it, on the front of the block on the left hand side you will see a metal tube, see if it is dripping from this location. It can hit the fan and throw it everywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.