Water pump woes.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Water pump woes....

so my water pump took a crap today, parked at my local feed store ran in to pay(truck running) saw the huge puddle of coolant on the ground forming, im talking liters..quick. well anyway got it on our flat bed(she barely fit) and took her to my buds house with the other F250(thankfully not a chevy or dodge lol).

Probably a blessing in disguise, drained all the radiator and saw how filthy the coolant was, going to do a full flush, anyone have the link/explanation how to? and i believe i heard the CAT coolant was a good elc? i need to get something i can get locally soon.
Any suggestions for a new water pump?

Btw. we cant get the old pump off any tips? I know its reverse threaded and you gotta pound it off but we tried so much. Any ideas?

Alright its 1am im exhausted thats about it for tonight...thanx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I only use the airtex pump from Northern Auto, they are about $90 and is who made the factory pump. I have been told that Carquest sells the Airtex and gives a lifetime warranty for $120, that would be worth it to me. What are you having trouble with, the fan nut? Yes I would use a EC-1 rated coolant, I use the Fleetrite ELC, make sure you buy the concentrate and not the 50/50. For the flush procedure send me a PM. You will also need 20-24 gal of distilled water. While you are at it this is a perfect time to change the upper rad hose to the one from a dual alt truck so that the hose doesn't run inside the fanbelt. Not one of Ford's greatest ideas. Also add a coolant filter, you wouldn't believe the amount of sand I get out of the old filters. These cast iron blocks are constantly leaching sand from the casting process.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Banned

k got it from carquest. pricier than i wanted but i dont have time to wait for something. im picking up that and going to pick up some EC-1 coolant and distilled water... and a fuel filter while im at it. my buddy finallyyy got the water pump fan nut off without the special tool he was turnin the wrong way lol.. hopefully have her up and goin 2nite or tomorrow night.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned

just came back broke but happy.
water pump from carquest 177 bucks(ouch)
fleetrite elc coolant 115 bucks(all they had was diluted not concentrate but guess what it'll keep my truck goin foreeverrr)
fuel filter 37 bucks.
gonna go throw her on tonight and hopefully get it up and goin again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.