alarm and stereo install and now truck doesnt start...HELP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
alarm and stereo install and now truck doesnt start...HELP

k so we just installed a ungo 2 way alarm with a pioneer avic d3... everything seemed to work fine but when i went to start it, everything is haywire! lights on the dash going nuts, and i can hear a relay in the dash clicking rapidly. at first we thought the music had drained the batterys but we tested them and they are fine. we also tryed jumping it.. the motor will not turn over and all i can hear is the starter clicking....HELP PLEASE...

***sorry this should be in "motor problems".

Last edited by INTERNATIONAL7.3; 04-19-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 08:54 PM

the relay that is clicking rapidly is a black one and the part number is f57b-14b192-aa

dunno if this helps
Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 PM

just tried swapping the washer pump relay with the one under the dash and it had the same effect with the clicking... seems to be a fuel relay or something... we have checked our grounds...
Old 04-19-2010, 09:19 PM

also my windsheild wipers turn on but the switch is off....all this is so random and im thinking it has nothing to do with the alarm or radio we just put in... there is some sort of electrical issue..

should i try a trickle charge on the batts?

Last edited by INTERNATIONAL7.3; 04-19-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

This doesn't help you but this is why I let the audio guys do the install. There are so many things that could be wrong. Does the alarm have a kill switch? Do you have a WTS light? I would start by taking it back to stock, look for anything you may have kicked or knocked loose. Check all fuses. Check for 12 volt at the starter when the engine is turned over. The Pioneer D3 is a nice headunit. I went with the JVC KW-NX7000 becuz of the removeable face plate. Good luck bud.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sounds like you forgot to plug in the connector up by the gas pedal. Or at least that's what mine did when I forgot to plug it back in...
Old 04-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Air Assault!!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MPTonyT
I live by this moto:

"Friends don't let Friends install Car Stereo's"

Well unless your my friend then it's OK. Been installing for 12 years "Professionally"

I have not ran into this issue before but i would disconnect the alarm brain and go from there.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 AM

thats exactly what we did... my friend has worked car/home audio for 5 years and also has never ran into this problem. we also disconected the brain and radio and backtracked all our work. still nothing. ill be checking all fuses today "again"...

im really mechanically inclined but when it comes to electrical... this absolutley stumps me.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:07 AM

does anyone know any electrical guru's for a 7.3 that i could possibly call and explain the situation to them? i am freaking out cuz i have an important job to do for a customer Thursday and Friday.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 PM

Problem Solved!!!

i tested the batts this morning with a load test and it only ran 4 volts... so i put the trickle charger on it.... then about 3 hours later my dad was leaving the house and noticed the cab was all smokey?!!!???? and yelled at me as he opened the door and blew out the FIRE that started under the dash!!!!!!! OUT OF SHEER LUCK we caught it before it did any major damage~!! we found the problem! a live wire from the alarm was arcing it self to the emergincy brake cable and cause a huge power drain on the batterys... thats why it wouldnt start..

now the fire started because the trickle charger was feeding more power to that live wire which in turn caused it to arc to the brake cable... the only damage is that i will have to replace my emergency brake pull mechinizum.. but ALL is good now! LOL what a day!

i thought the worst that could happen was i had to get it towed to ford lol guess i was WRONG!

THANKS for everyone's input though, we have a awesome org family here and im glad everyone is willing to help a friend in need!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.