7.3 from a New Duramax - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
7.3 from a New Duramax

Help me out here. Now I know im on a Ford forum haha. So saying I am thinking of going from my 2008 CCSB LMM LTZ to a 2002 XLT Ex. Cab long bed is something you'll all say is a no brainer haha. Now I love this truck I hav enow. I am just tight on money, still owe of course, and now moving into a house with my girl where I could make payments yes but having less a week come out for my ttruck would help. I bought the Duramax new, and have had 3 Fords before it and a Ford family so I still don't feel right. The truck has done NOTHING wrong but as much as I have done to it and love it, it still isn't as awsome to me as I wished. Interior is week, like thin and loose and cheap. And Paint outside is thin takes nothing to dent or chip. Its low and the whole IFS thing isn't bad, I plow with it and can't say no complaints but sucks to put all this money into it to make it stronger. My buddy who owns a local shop has a truck I always loved and dammit straight forward can't say nothing wrong with it. 2002 Dually. I have NO need for a dually but always loved them and sure I'll tow more knowing I can. I think understanding that is fine im not saying I need the dually. Anyway 100,000 miles on her. He takes care of it to say the least. Never beat on he is not a HP jockey. It is there to tow. Its his DD and mostly sits at his shop to tow a 5th wheel a few miles to pick up a car. It goes home to work. One of those. Has the following done to it over time:
New Brakes w/ Slotted drilled rotors.
Rebuilt Transfer w/ Banks billet converter
Modified Valve Body
Predator Programmer (trust me that will change for sure) Used for just eco tune
4" pipe (I would do dual stacks Mitres black)
New axle Seals
Navi Radio
Air Ride in rear w/ 5K bags
Under bed mount for 5th wheel or gooseneck
New toolbox
AFE intake w/ torque tube
jUst did new oil pump seal
ALWAYS run synthetic fluids including power steering
Black truck with no damage at all. Tranny gauge already done real nice.

Older guy owned and he just so happens to want to get a crew cab now for the family and wants to go to a new Duramax. He will just drive from A-B and does like the things I have done to mine. I have a lot done so would part a LOT out for some money but leave a lot. Which helps cause I did a lot. I am a big Ford fan, and if there is a ford to love that 7.3 is my favorite. I am not crazy about the NBS from the old square bodies but trust me I like it. I had a 2005 6.0 for a while, and before that a 2001 7.3L CCSB which man I kick my a$$ for selling I didn't know what i had.

I plow a little, so I'de buy a new v-plow for this wide girl. I would for sure black it out nicely as I do everything. As well as dual stacks for sure I love mine to much to not have them. I tow but nothing crazy, with the 5th wheel I would consider buying a new trailer or get to finally use one my grandpa has for cars/trucks and my buddies truck pulling turcks to events. I drive highway and overall work and back. I loved having the fast HP style trucks but im growing out of it and not all about the flash anymore. I like my duramax and don't care what you say it hauls a$$ over my 6.0L.

Sorry to make you read all that but help me with some truck stats on why I should convert back to ford and live on my new Family Farm with my girl! Farms been in the family almost 100 Years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Go with the farm, the Ford and the girl! You can't go wrong!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to dusted4eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Go with the farm, the Ford and the girl! You can't go wrong!

Yes
Old 04-17-2010, 04:45 PM

Haha.. I know I am agreeing its a pretty awsome image
Old 04-17-2010, 05:49 PM

Bump up for the night guys. I know everyone would say the obvious but help me out with other things I should look at that go wrong with this truck. Its a 100K so what would happen in another 100K which im sure it will make for me
Old 04-18-2010, 07:58 AM
addicted to diesel

it looks like all the basics have been hit on it the only thing i could say is get an extra cps and put it in the glove box with the tools to change it. then i agree with everyone else get the thing
Old 04-18-2010, 08:02 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i know where you are coming from. back in the day i had my 03 6.0, i loved it and never let me down. babay 3 came and the economy was going to hell and money was tight. i sold her to keep us a float. i then went backwards and got my 90, never did like the idi power. i guess i was spoiled with the 6.0. wife has a better job, i am working a second, money isnt so tight anymore. so i picked up this 99... i am glad to be in a super duty again.....
Old 04-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
The only downside to the swap is a mild power loss going from the new Dmax to the old 7.3

A good chip on the 7.3 will bring you back up to the stock power levels of the dmax though
Old 04-18-2010, 03:35 PM

Yea Im not greedy. I love the HP of the Duramax but all honesty I dont care I dont use it. I am runnin pretty much tranny safe tunes. I have one more tune on my DSP5 switch an never use it cause I know its to much. And needs a lift pump to really work. I chug around speed limits and sure once and a while lay into it to make some noise, thats it! I always ALWAYS loved the 7.3L. Had a 2001 CCSB when I was young and man I regret selling it not knowing what she was. Traded that and my 2000 F-150 Harley truck for my 2005 F-250 6.0L .. mistake! Then went to this duramax. I want that 7.3 again. She'll last a LONG time I know
Old 04-18-2010, 06:29 PM

I had the same thing happen I went from a big block to diesel an loved it but had to get the gasser back an have no problems really with it but still miss my diesel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.