NOOB Powerstroke Owner w/pics and questions. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-15-2010, 04:42 AM Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NOOB Powerstroke Owner w/pics and questions.

I sold my TDI VW to get my 2001 F250 powerstroke. Last fall, we upgraded to a 26 cabin cruiser style boat on a triple axle trailer. I did use my company truck (2001 Chevy 2500 w/6.0 gasser 2wd) to pull it and it did fine for the most part. However, the 2wd wasn't so good for coming out of the launches with a 9000lb load behind it. Traction was a hughe issue.

I just picked up this truck and have already learned a few things along the way... like the UNBELIEVABLE re-sale value. Anyway, I wanted as plain as possible because I'm really only going to drive this when towing in the summer or when winter gets a LOT of snow on the ground.

Here it is...

It looks like somebody added the wheel well covers to hide some rust. The underside/frame has more rust than I'm used to on a 9 year old truck but not too to bad. The Bed had some HEAVY loads in it in the past a seen by depressions in the floor of the bed.

The good is that it only has 128K on the clock. So, tell me what I need to know.
post #2 of 4 Old 04-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
change your filters and fluids and start moddin! i mean uh... fluids and filters...

Late 99 (2/99) Black F250, CC LB 4x4 Lariat 214k. All Stock for the moment...

1995 PSD, ext cab, one wheel wonder , 297k miles, 30k on wvo. totaled 5/8/11 RIP This truck is for sale as a parts truck (Jason is about to receive forged rods, and drop kick his PMR's)
DB high torque starter
DIY 6637
Marinco Mod
DIY Electric fuel w/ wvo conversion

"A clean house is a sign of a mis-lead life."
post #3 of 4 Old 04-15-2010, 07:46 AM
addicted to diesel
the flares also could have been from a lift and big tires and they just put it back to stock before selling it

New member map has been set up here:
Diesel fumes make me horny!!!!

Originally Posted by Big Angry Hillbilly View Post
I hear that Dodge gives you a puppy with every truck you buy, so you'll never have to walk home alone again.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
4 things you need after regular maintance stuff, gauges- to keep an eye on temps a plus since ur pulling, Full exhaust- lowers egts, little more power, and better sound, DIY 6637 Intake- cheap, more power, and better filtration, chip/tuner- more power, better mpg, and more fun... I would suggest DP with Jodies tunes, TW or Swamps tunes are good too

2003 F-250 RC/LB 6.0L with Innovative tunes, K&N FIPK, 3.5 inch down pipe to 6 inch stacks, ARP studs, Autometer gauges, 2006 grill and bumper.

2003 F250 CC/SB 7.3L DP-Tuner, 4" turbo back 5" tip, Autometer gauges, Cowl Hood.

1984 Ranger RC/LB 2.2L Perkins, turned the pump up, turbo off a Mitsubishi 2.3L, and yes it rolls coal, it's not fast, and it's not for sale. 290k miles 43 mpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode