My next upgrades... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 08:45 PM
wants to go 2wd to 4wd

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SniperFolf
My next upgrades...

Well Ive been thinking about be next upgrades... I'm thinking a new turbo but really dont know my options other than the gtp38r... I started looking through the threads... I hear to make "Big" power out of a 7.3 you need a lot of money...
So i'm gonna get a lot of support mods before I get the the big mods Inj..fuel... but for now. Like reg return, maybe a larger turbo, dunno I would like to see higher horses nothing over 500 or so I still wanna be able to drive it with out the worries or killing traffic but i wanna have the power that if i get called out to be able to back it up on the track... So what all this bs means is what kinda options are available to me I'm still pretty new to this.. Oh and the turbo Id like it to support stock but as i move up in the hp world that it can keep up till my goal is met with out having to change again...

Update...
Well I'm bringing this back up I'm now creating a list of support mods that I am going to need to reach my new goal of where ever the money runs out... It'll be over time of course cause I dont have millions to spend... So Here are my up grades that i am looking at are they worth me to spend the money this early in the game will they show any improvement on the way the truck runs? fuel efficiency or just better running... first I am still looking a new turbo but that can wait... I am looking at a regulated fuel return..and a airdog or fass just as examples.. the reg return and the airdog the same thing what about a fuel bowl when i do the reg return any improvements? Oh and the turbo I am looking at ( ridiculous at this point but will help later on is the modded H2e or the reg H2e what are the differences other than one flow around 200 cfm any thing and the 1k diff in price.. what about oil to early in the game for that or might be a good investment early I'd kind of like to mellow out the Idle to.. NO INJECTORS... not for now I wanna be able to support them so what else should I be looking at... Oh and Dirk If you read this I tried to send ya a PM It wont let me I need to get in contact with ya and don't wanna be bleating it out online... Sorry for the long post but Eventually I wanna make big power but I wanna be able to Be able to support it... Safely.. so any one have any Good Ideas to throw out there? Mods Ive got now are basic Intake gauges and Exh.. no chip or any thing else... Just wanna do it all right ya know?

Last edited by SniperFolf; 05-11-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Cynic

What year is your 7.3?
How much can you spend?
Old 04-10-2010, 08:58 PM
wants to go 2wd to 4wd

Its an 02... and right now probably not a lot(I have to pay taxes) But when thats done 2k at the most... for now
Old 04-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Cynic

Nothing over 400hp for you. Those PMR's will window your block. When you are ready, I have some parts you'll need.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:09 PM
wants to go 2wd to 4wd

PMR's? Powder metal rods correct.. ok so For now how can i build up to that point before i need to change or should i just buy a set to protect myself? new or can i get some out of an older 7.3 ...

Edit: Ps thanks for the answers..

Last edited by SniperFolf; 04-10-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: thanking
Old 04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperFolf View Post
PMR's? Powder metal rods correct.. ok so For now how can i build up to that point before i need to change or should i just buy a set to protect myself? new or can i get some out of an older 7.3
I'll take care of you. I know of a few sets a good forged rods laying around.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:17 PM
wants to go 2wd to 4wd

Thank you... What are you doing in or around the month of June... We may be going to the Dallas area to visit the zoo and aquarium and the natural history museum.. ( Were geeks I know..) Plus I'd like to meet a few guys like You,Tony maybe go to a few of the shops around.. Ps I would like to see your truck in person... That video you posted was insane for me thats too much.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Cynic

Aquarium is cool..

Zoo... meh. Fort Worth Zoo is better IMHO.

There aren't many "Diesel" shops in this area that I trust. All of my work is done in my driveway with a select group of people I trust. And 90% of the work I do, is done at my place.

While you are here, you'll want to meet:

Tony Wildman
Scarlet Nape
Arisley
Choctaw
TXBroker
Bartman
BigK
JMart
Hardline
Randall(forgot what he goes by, I call him Tiny)

And maybe a few more that I'm forgetting.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:34 PM
wants to go 2wd to 4wd

Cool maybe that week I am there we can have like a cook out.. I'll bring some of my water pistols for Choctaw Since I read that he really enjoys them... Yeah we were in Dallas not long ago we were there that weekend of the 2010 all star game.. but that was no interest of mine I went to the west end market and went to see the exhibit called bodies... I work in an Operating Room as a surgical tech so that kinda stuff interest me... Me and mechanically inclined does not work... But I can take the human body apart and put it back together like a 1*10^10 puzzle... I know how to change my oil and fuel filter... and Air filter thats about it... there used to be a good shop here but the mechanic moved so now its either ford.. or I need to start reading up ....
Old 04-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Cynic

That's funny.

I work at a hospital as well....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.