My HPOP decided to puke today on the interstate :( - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 07:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My HPOP decided to puke today on the interstate :(

OH BOY. Where do i start.

I took my 03 f350 7.3l, with only 117k miles on it, in last Thursday to get a minor oil leak fixed. It was nothing major but very annoying.

So they tell me i have 2 oil leaks. The front main seal and the oil pump. They did specify which oil pump. Its raining like cats and dogs when i go pick it up so i did not notice any leaks.

So on monday i notice that it is still leaking oil. By wednesday i lost 2 qts! Now i was hauling 9k lb of rock 30 miles up and down the interstate. So i was working it pretty hard.

I call up to the dealership that did the work and tell them its still leaking. I took it back up on Friday and they tell me my HPOP is bad. Not just orings but the whole dam pump. I think shet but theres no i could do. I tell them to just fix so i could have my work truck back.

By Saturday afternoon they tell me its fixed. I pick it up and noticed some oil under the truck. I went back in and asked him about it and he said some is still probably leaking from the replacement since they cant clean it all off. I also noticed it took a little long to start. But no biggy

Well today we load up and start working. Drove around all morning no problem. Hit the interstate and 15 miles down the road we hit a steep hill that we have. Truck did not want to downshift. Even with the skinny all the way down the floor. She finally downshifted and as soon as i got up the hill the engine shut off. All i can see is a ton of smoke in my rear view and me freaking out cause i have not power to the breaks. Luckily the trailer breaks still worked.

It looks like one the hoses popped out of the HPOP and oil just went everywhere. idk wdf happened but it was not good. I had 3 employees with me and we all were just sitting on the side of the highway waiting on the tow truck.

Lets just say the dealership is going to have one pissed sob standing at their front door when the open in the morning

Heres the pics, let me know what you think

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2010, 08:38 PM
addicted to diesel

i hope they make it right, cause thats just not cool.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That is exactly why I carry a fire extinguisher, that could have easily been a fire.

did you remove that fitting? Or did it just blow out. I have blown out a fitting before, took the aluminum threads with it.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:02 PM

what a mess!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:03 PM

looks like it blew out i see threads
Old 04-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
was that line even screwed down?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Looks to me like they overtightened a little too much when they worked on it... That says "You guys are gonna put a new HPOP on my truck or else!"
Old 04-04-2010, 09:30 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatkit52 View Post
Looks to me like they overtightened a little too much when they worked on it... That says "You guys are gonna put a new HPOP on my truck or else!"
i would expect no less
Old 04-05-2010, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatkit52 View Post
Yea thats what i am thinking. I am also going to demand the $1400 i spent for them to put the new one on.

No the fitting was screwed in. I looked at it early that morning to see what all they did.

And the thing that really tics me off. I had my 3 employees just sitting on the interstate for 3 hours waiting on the tow truck.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Ouch... For that amount you shoulda just ordered and adrenaline pump and put it on yourself!

Apparently they can't put it on properly at the Stealership...

Did they replace it with a new pump and then the new pump puked on you? Like I said above, it looks like they over torqued the fittings so that the threads wouldn't hold. DEFINITELY their mistake and I'd make them responsible for time truck was not in use due to their negligence!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.