Thinking of getting a new Trany? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Thinking of getting a new Trany?

I'm thinking about getting a beefed up trany for my truck. How do I find out what trany I have? I have a 2000 F350 Crew cab with 7.3 and auto trany. I've head there are two tranies, I know I have overdrive. Is there a tag on the trany it's self, or is there another way to tell. My truck has 130,000 miles and I just got an edge evolution, 4" straight pipe from turbo back with no cat, or muffler, and I'm planning on doing the diy Tymar intake. I would like to replace the trany before it dies on me. Maybe I'm being a little to premature, maybe I don't need a trany yet, what do you guys think? Thanks for all your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2007, 04:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to rufushusky
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzartman View Post
I'm thinking about getting a beefed up trany for my truck. How do I find out what trany I have? I have a 2000 F350 Crew cab with 7.3 and auto trany. I've head there are two tranies, I know I have overdrive. Is there a tag on the trany it's self, or is there another way to tell. My truck has 130,000 miles and I just got an edge evolution, 4" straight pipe from turbo back with no cat, or muffler, and I'm planning on doing the diy Tymar intake. I would like to replace the trany before it dies on me. Maybe I'm being a little to premature, maybe I don't need a trany yet, what do you guys think? Thanks for all your help.
You have the 4R100, I don't know of any other transmission behind the 99-03 7.3. A new torque converter and valve body or shift kit will make the tranny last a little longer. While you would be a little on the early side for a whole new tranny, it would not be a terrible idea. I would give BTS a call and they should be able to take care of you!

Brians Truck Shop
Old 04-26-2007, 05:20 AM
The Fat Mod

You maybe able to just do a good rebuild kit, and that way you would be set for more power in the future. I have heard many good things about BTS, and suncoast also.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

BTS all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTS builds them to for 800-1000 hp pulling trucks I think they will hold up on our dailys just fine. I love mine.
Lead Hill, Arkansas.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

BTS or Suncoast - you can't go wrong.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i just bought a big rebuild kit from TCI should get my truck back today if not tomorrow morning so ill let you know how it turns out....
Old 04-26-2007, 02:53 PM

Thanks a lot guys, I'll hold off on a new trany and go with a torque converter and shift kit for now. Should I go with a low RPM stall or high RPM stall converter? Thanks for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.