250 or 350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
250 or 350

Like i have said before i am upgrading to a late model 7.3 250. I really want marker lights on the new truck, maybe it is a pet peeve but i love the orange glow on the hood and the look in general. apperently very few 250's had them in theese years, so i am considering a 350 because they all have them and i found one a a decent price. what is the difference in the 250 and the 350 i have heard it is just springs and badges in theese years... I know the GVW is higher but is the curb weight any higher, or anthing else different at all??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

if you have the "heavy tow" package in a 250, its the same suspension as the 350 but shorter blocks in the rear. if you really want marker lights just by a set and install em yourself. its easier than you think.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTERNATIONAL7.3 View Post
if you have the "heavy tow" package in a 250, its the same suspension as the 350 but shorter blocks in the rear. if you really want marker lights just by a set and install em yourself. its easier than you think.
agreed.. honestly my buddies F250 sat beside mine and was almost identical height, buy some blocks and get some F350 badges..wont know the diff lol
Old 03-31-2010, 03:50 PM

That is good to know.. but what i was wondering was the curb weight.. is the 350 actually a heavier truck. I am shopping for a 250 supercab long box, a long box is a must for me and I am having lots of trouble trying to find this but i have seen several 350's like this..
Old 03-31-2010, 04:02 PM
shaking things up

just buy a 350 if you find one in a package you like. is there any particular reason for a 250 over a 350? if not just get a 350 you like
Old 03-31-2010, 04:14 PM

no... no perticular reason. I rarely pull anything over 6k (my flatbed with a car or small truck), which i could probly pull with a 1/2 ton. But i have drove my old 7.3 for so long I love theese trucks and i just want a newer one a supercab. The way i look at it my 94 with 300k on it gets the same mileage as my brother's 2002 1/2 ton chevy, and it gets a whole lot better when towing. So why not get a superduty?? My concern with the 350 was i thought they were heavier than the 250's and would get worse mileage. And i would assume they generally have taller gears which is bad for me I really want 3.73 gears vs the 4.11 in my obs I can only do like 60 mph and it drives me crazy.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:28 PM
shaking things up

you can always swap out the gears if you really want higher ones or lower ones
Old 03-31-2010, 04:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3

...here ya go
Old 03-31-2010, 06:37 PM

Thank you 03 turbo, super cab long box only 20 lbs difference just the blocks i guess. But that is very usefull info, posts like that is why i love the ORG!!! Love that rig btw 03!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.