Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

beat to death!!!

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Quickhorse 
#1 ·
I know this has been debated to death, but what is the best oil filter for the 02 F250 7.3s? iv'e already been to "bitog" site, and researched it, but you guy's have been at this alot longer than i have(about 2 mos.) All i want is to spend my money on the filter that does the best job keeping my engine clean and running....Ford, Wix, (napa and carquest) fleetguard, Amsoil, whatever brand.....i'm not looking for million mile oil changes, just some info on what you guys say is the BEST....Thanks...rsbhunter

#2 · (Edited)
motorcraft or mobil 1 for me.
i personally dont buy anything fram. its garbage. just look at their air filters....
thats about it.

#3 ·
i use motorcraft filters and Rotella T oil.

#5 ·
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My girlfriend works at Carquest, and gets decent deals on parts, but i would rather pay Wally worlds price for the ford filter...i think they run around $10.00....??? anyway, I really appreciate the advice and help....i am almost convinced i will run the Schaffers 7000 semi syn oil, have heard real good things about it, BUT i am willing to take advice on that...i changed the oil (Rotella) and filter (carquest, wix) about 200 miles ago, figured i'd run it (and kinda flush any old oil out) til i get the $$$for the case of Schaffers, and will pick up a ford filter......Thanks again for the advice...rsbhunter

#7 ·
Motorcraft filter is $9.95 at Wally World. And I wouldn't run any extended drain intervals on your oil. Just my $.02

#8 ·
i hear great things about schaffers. we ran it in a race car, good stuff! i hear demi guys like it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.