Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

how to fix my wheels

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  NCHornet 
#1 ·
i have the stock ford alloy wheels on my 99 and the look bad they have white spots on them tat wont polish off how do i make them look like they are new i also dont want to take them of the truck or the tires

#6 ·
Aluminum will corrode and look white at times. if it is clear coated, then that is a different story. If it isn't, try taking some 000 steel wool with some polish and see if that will work. it will take some elbow grease but it may be your best bet if it is pitted into the aluminum.

#14 ·
yea if its crome or aluminum just polish em up as long as you keep after em you dont need clear coat

#15 ·
nope i thought that at first too when i was told to do this by on of my buddies who drive big rigs said they use it all time has no effect on rubber cant exacly remember the name of acid i think its called mieralc acid

#16 ·
You need to get the clear coat off first. Then depending on how bad the finish is you can either polish them, or have them done, if there are scratches and dings they will need to be sanded out. WARNING THOUGH***** Once you have bare aluminum wheels you will be a slave to polishing them. Look at the pics in my sig. I spend three hours each month polishing them to keep them looking decent. Mother's Powerball is the best tool out there for doing this!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.