Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

I need info.

749 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  KYcopespitter7.3 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I am getting a new truck saturday. I am getting my first diesel powerstroke. It is a 2000 F350 Superduty SuperCab 7.3 Disesl turbo. What are some things i should do first?

#2 ·
Does it have anything done to it yet or is it completely stock?

#3 ·
check icp for leaking, check for oil leakign down backside of engine, listen for turbo spooling up, check ball joints, tire wear, and it never hurts to have comppression test and computer check,

i didnt on mine and now have foudn out i have a screwed up injector wite harness, or idm module.

good luck with the buy, u'll love your 7.3

#5 ·
What are you wanting to do? First thing Id do is take the exhaust off and straight pipe it, so that thing can breathe.. Then look for a chip/tuner. My buddy had a 2001 with DP tuners and he really liked it..

#6 ·
welcome aboard if you upgrade to a premium membership there are a few ppl on here that will pull an oasis report for you in the premium members thread :thumb: look for obvious leaks and check the oil and coolant also if you can pull the fuel filter and look at it and look for black stuff in the bottom of it which would indicate leaking injector o-rings not a very serious problem and easily fixed with new o-rings but you may be able to knock a few bucks off it by finding something like this. good luck with your new ride you will love the 7.3 :thumb:

#8 ·
Stax are fine if thats your choice of exhaust. If you ever do pull anything it might get dirty/sooty from the stax.

#10 ·
it really depends on you taste if you like stacks or single or dual exit, just decide before ya make the cut in your bed. second depending on what ya wanna do with it if you get a chip get some gauges(boost/ egt) dont wanna melt that turbo. but one thing is for sure no matter what you do always ask the guys on here they are very very helpful and will not bull shi! you. coming here is like getting a second opinion from a doctor before you have open heart surgery lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.