Where to install superlift speedo correction device? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where to install superlift speedo correction device?

I have 315/75/r16 BFG A/T on my truck. I was lucky enough to get a TW chip for Christmas. It seems to have changed the shift points (which is great) but I noticed it won;t shift into the highest gear until 45mph. I am also not 100% sure of my MPG since the tires have the speedo and trip off.

i know it is off since I was pulled over in VA and I had to get the truck calibrated by a professional speed shop (they do the VA state trooper cars speedos) to prove that my speed said I was doing 60mph (even though the truck was actually going 66mph). It is off by that much!!!!

I was able to get a brand new speed recalibration kit from Superlift off a buddy who never used it on his truck. It actually can be set for two different size tires (incase you change size for the winter vs. summer you can just flip a switch).

Finally my question...where do I hook this up at? Before the ABS sensor, after it etc... so the truck know properly when to shift according to the TW chip and also still be able to read the correct speed on the dash?

Wow...that was confusing to write!! Does it make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2010, 03:32 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Did you tell TW your tire changes?

Factory service dept can recalibrate your PCM for the tires, take out the chip first.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:46 PM

Best place to install it... Is to not...

Call up ITP or Powerhungry performance and get Auto Enginuity... for $350 bucks you can set your speedo to any tire size you want up to 40", and have the ability to do your buddys trucks, scan and clear codes, run all the tests the ford shop can do...

Take that Superlift crap and send it back...
Old 03-09-2010, 03:48 PM

The wire is located under your battery trey. I can't remember the color of the wire. But as Caryt says Ford can recalibrate it for you. Or you can spend about 330 bucks and get AE and calibrate it as many times as you want. then have a really nice diagnostic tool!
Old 03-10-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
Did you tell TW your tire changes?
Yes I did tell him the tire size difference. I have a late 99 and I know the speedo is still off b/c i can compare it to the GPS to get an idea (6mph is a big difference).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Best place to install it... Is to not...

Call up ITP or Powerhungry performance and get Auto Enginuity... for $350 bucks you can set your speedo to any tire size you want up to 40", and have the ability to do your buddys trucks, scan and clear codes, run all the tests the ford shop can do...

Take that Superlift crap and send it back...
Well if I was made of money I would have a professional do it and get all this stuff that cost lots of money. But to those of us that don't have a job...we don't have that option. I got it for $30 off a friend that got rid of his truck. I didn't ask for opinions on the kit, I simply asked where to install it. So thanks for nothing here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by layson View Post
The wire is located under your battery trey. I can't remember the color of the wire. But as Caryt says Ford can recalibrate it for you. Or you can spend about 330 bucks and get AE and calibrate it as many times as you want. then have a really nice diagnostic tool!
Thank you for the help with the wire location. Which battery tray are you talking about (dirver or passenger)? If someone knows the color, that would be great. How would it effect the chip if they do it? Would it be correct for the trans shifting also for the TW chip or would it not make a difference? I have to see how much they would charge.

Any more Help would be appreciated.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:05 AM

It is on the drivers side. I can't remember the color. see if you can find the instructions online. I will see what I can find as well.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:11 AM

Just did a quick google... It is gry/blk and here are the instructions. Make sure you solder the connections!!!!!!

http://www.superlift.com/instructions/33001.pdf
Old 03-11-2010, 09:30 AM

Thank-you layson.
people like you are the reason I like this .org
Old 03-11-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick883 View Post
Thank-you layson.
people like you are the reason I like this .org
Sorry... Hope you enjoy your jumpy speedo...
Old 03-12-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Sorry... Hope you enjoy your jumpy speedo...
Well I will do with it. I hope you are wrong (but most people on this org aren't). If your "sorry" was sincere, then thanks (I did note the sarcasm).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.