Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Sources of RF noise

661 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  GreenF350 
#1 ·
Ok, not sure how many of you mess around with CB's, but audio experience may be of use also. I am trying to track down the source of some RF noise that is only present with the key on. It isn't there with the key in accessory, but if the key is on, regardless of whether or not it is running the noise is there. It is basically just static, it doesn't go away when the fuel pump and/or vaccum pump shut off and it will be there even after the truck running for a few minutes (So I doubt it's glow plugs.) Where else can I look. I've been chasing this noise for awhile, and for some reason tonight I noticed that I can hear it through my speakers (probably through the amp) only if the radio is off. The stereo amplifier is still on. Gimme some ideas to go check out. I'm losing at LEAST 5 or 10 miles range on my CB with my truck running and I am trying to get this thing talking 100%. Thanks.
-Aaron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.