CAUTION Don't make this mistake! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 04:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CAUTION Don't make this mistake!

I have the Cortex buy SC and I love it! on my 03 that came with the 02 7.3.
CAUTION! Don't make this mistake!
Dont make the cardinal rule mistake I made! I turned off my rev limiter and payed the piper. Destroyed 4 Rocker arms and 3 cast Rocker seats. see the pics in my 03 F350 FX4 / 2000 DRW 7.3 / 99 Eddie B. My Diesel toy's - FixMyBigRig’s Photo Gallery But the gains where awsum to say the least put out 780 ft lbs torque at 4100 rpm and 449 hp at 129 mph. What I did was went into performance tune advance mode and eliminated the rev limits set my tire size to the true hight I run 34.5" mudders then I lied to it and told the programmer I have a " F550 " my F350 didnt mind that either it actualy changes the turbo range to 1200 rpm thru 4500 rpm. I have also added a few more modd's: Fresh air mod, and a custom designed muffler for exhaustion. When you turn off the rev. lim. with SC Cortex it also eliminates that pesky defueling isue and keeps it coming!

PS when and if you ever tr something like this and damage your rockers CHANGE all of them because it suc*'s taking everything apart twice. Like I did first time I Just pulled out the #1 cylinder rockers the only one's completely destroyed. oops put it all back together and ran it up to 2000 rpm and surprise 3 more went out!
03 F350 FX4 / 2000 DRW 7.3 / 99 Eddie B. My Diesel toy's - FixMyBigRig’s Photo Gallery
SC Cortex rocks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2010, 04:26 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via AIM to 1tonpower
im running the cortex in my 6.4. i know the tuning options are a little different for the 6.os and 7.3s. the only limiter i can turn off is the top speed.i have no complants, i just want to upgrade to a spartan for more options
Old 03-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ouch.thats nuts.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

that sucks, nice dyno numbers tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.